tecdady

Hey all!

Well, Im a student... Jumped the first time when i was 18. Now Im 29. I feel like an old man! Doing my schooling at Parachute Center in Lodi, CA. Got awhopping 2 dives under me w00t! And am praying to God that next Monday and Tuesday are nice enough to finish my student work!

As the owner of a large paintball community website, Im stoked to see something like this for skydiving. I have a pretty bad feeling I will be spending more time on this site than my own.

I have to admit, after jumping out of a plane, it sure makes all the other bullsh*t you come home to seem a hell of a lot less important.

Anyways, hello again to you all. Thanks for all the great articles, and advice on the site. Havent been a noobie in anything for a while, so it deffinately helps.

Chris

Day-Day that CRAAAAAAAZY bitch is out there again!!!

Right on!

You should know that some paintball fields have had jumpers jump into their field for scenero games. Downed pilot and stuff like that.;)

You could even create a large "red dawn" type scenerio game with some jump buddies (after you get a good number of jumps to do those sorts of jumps, of course).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Welcome:)

Now Im 29. I feel like an old man!

If you feel like an old man at 29, then I should be in a wheelchair and having some one change my diapers:ph34r:

Keep us posted on how the jumps went.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Yeah I guess.... Im just having a real hard time with the big THREE-O coming up so quickly. I guess its all about attitude though. My friends think this is my mid life crisis... I told them if they consider 60 the end of life I feel sorry for them!

Chris

[:/]

Made my first jump when I was 18 too.
Restarted at 54

Cranked it back up on my birthday in March

Lost 7 pounds so far - Rediscovered my arch.

Handled the "midlife crisis" and "re-living his youth" comments from my children - told them they are old enough to take care of themselves now, I'm getting back to who I am.

30 is great - life is in perspective, health is tolerant of the things that are bad for you, you have time to invest, insurance is as cheap as you'll ever get it, and you don't have to pay cash to rent a car.

Speaking from experience, you're gonna love the next 24 years.

---------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

:D:D hey old man - i started jumping at 36!! coupla guys on my first jump course were in their 50s...
kinda cool when someone just about half your age is putting you out of a plane B|
welcome to the forums, and enjoy the skies!!
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

kinda cool when someone just about half your age is putting you out of a plane

I've often wondered about that, especially when someone twice my age is asking me serious questions about stuff like canopy control, etc and having respect for me or atleast my opinion. I've found it odd, infact, in those instances to have people that I respect for their knowledge and opinions on life and in life come to me for skydiving questions.

It is fun to tell folks who are out to jump for their 50th b-day that I'm "only 25 and I'm your tandem instructor" though.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've often wondered about that, especially when someone twice my age is asking me serious questions about stuff like canopy control, etc and having respect for me or atleast my opinion. I've found it odd, infact, in those instances to have people that I respect for their knowledge and opinions on life and in life come to me for skydiving questions.

And what are we gonna say otherwise? "I've only done one jump but I'm older than you so I know better?" I don't think so!!!;)

I would think in general older guys getting into the sport are probably more risk averse and aware of the risks than younger guys. In fact it would be interesting to see, i guess it's not really possible to track, if older newbies are more willing to listen to advice about canopy size, w/l etc than younger ones...

Sorry for the half-hijack of the intro post :S
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

...I feel like an old man! ...

Oh you poor baby! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Resumed skydiving at 54 after a 25+year layoff...what a buzz!

Welcome! And (plug for AggieDave;)) listen to those youngsters like AggieDave....young in years, old in knowledge and expertise.

Ain't it great?????
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

HA! You guys rock. Made my day. I had the experience you are talking about. The last tandem jump I did, I asked the guy how many years have you been doing this? He says 6. Im like ok thats good enough for me. Then on the canopy ride down I said, BTW how old are you. He says Im 24. I went holly crap! I was amazed at how mature he was and remembered when I was 24 and went good god! Good thing I wasnt jumping people out of airplanes. But alas, I think you are right about the risk avoidance factor. I am doing this with my best friend who is also my age, and have read and read and read every single thing I can about safety and have printed out many articles, threads and posts for my buddy to read. I was lucky enough when I was 21 to go all the way through to get my rescue Scuba cert from a NAUI instructor that would pull us out of the pool by our hair if we so much as left our tank standing on end. Needless to say I think I learned how to be more safe, than I learned about Scuba diving which will most definately carry through in this endeavour (although I will be lucky enough not to have a dive buddy that always gets me in trouble..). Anyways enough ranting. Thanks for the warm welcome from all you fine people. What a great community both online and at the DZ. I look forward to being a contributing part as soon as I advance.
Chris

Hey there... So I think that 30 is definitely NOT old... (although I can remember when I did ;)). At almost 25 I keep thinking oh my god, that is almost 30!!! Where does time go anyway? So I have adopted a new theory, you are only as old as you act... And I think that freefalling at 120 mph has to do something good for keeping all of us young at heart! B| Wishing you happy jumps and of course blue skies!!!

"me you alcohol a rig a car and a bunch of planes what could posibly go wrong" - Pruitt

So true, I live for getting carded now!!! Although, if anyone wants to feel good, Wal-Mart cards EVERYONE... seriously I watched a lady in her 60's get carded the other day!!! That is funny!!!

"me you alcohol a rig a car and a bunch of planes what could posibly go wrong" - Pruitt

I didn't begin this sport til 36 and if anything it's revived my youth. I dont feel my age at all. This sport has given me so much. A feeling of being truly alive and free. And I might add that I've met the most amazing people thru skydiving. Unconditional friends!