davedlg

Addicted

OKAY....So I have seen this kind of thing posted a lot around here, but I just gotta say it: I'm totally addicted. I did my first few tandems a few years ago at Sebastian. I did my first AFF a few weekends ago at Mile High with DJan as my instructor. Now skydiving is all I can think about. I am as broke as I have been since College, I find myself sitting around at work looking at DZ.com all day and all my other hobbies have taken a back seat to jumping out of not so perfectly good airplanes. I did my third AFF jump last weekend and something just clicked (OOOHHH...so that's how it's supposed to feel!!) Now I am jumping as fast as finances allow. I can feel myself getting sucked into this vortex that is the world of skydiving.... I Can't wait for payday to come so I can jump again!!!

Welcome to it!

My family recently told me that they never thought I'd follow through with this sport because I'm generally not one to spend a lot of money on anything.

Little do they realize this is what I've been saving for my whole life! I just didn't know it at the time!! :)
Blue skies,

AJ

Well behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Dave Welcome, I am too a new person to the sport and I am already feeling the aches and pains of the money issue, for me its like this.. pay bills first whats left over is all jump money haha. I can't wait till this weekend will be my 2nd AFF jump. WOOOOHOOO!! After letting my coworkers watch my tadem video I have 5 of them coming with me to do their first jump (tandem) they call me a pro at 2 jumps haha I can't wait to jump with them and see their reaction, I am sure it will be the same as you and I.. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

David :D

welcome, and, i might add...do not try to resist. just sell the car, TV, vcr...toaster oven...and go jump. dude, let me put it to you this way. i started skydiving, and in 3 months, met my wife, dropped ten grand into it, plan a wedding and got married in freefall...and life is grand since that day! yeah, your screwed!

Dude, we're with ya! Isn't it strange how powerful it is?? I had absolutely no idea that it was going to suck me in so far, so fast. :)

Thats awesome that you had your "breakthrough" jump on your 3rd! I am going for my 3rd next weekend. I have felt pretty good so far in freefall, but who knows whats gonna happen when they let go of me! :)
Anyway, welcome and good luck with the rest of your training! :)
Jeth B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Shure, you're addicted. We all are, but you shouldn't look at it as a bad thing. I mean, what else would have spent your money on. Skydiving makes me happy, I think thats a really important part of life=being happy.

I'm now solo certified, and i'm jumping my own gear. Shure the jumps are cheaper, but it just means i'm going to jump more.

Just remember, it should be more important to you to be happy rather than rich.

***[Blue]Free bird Forever[/Blue]