scaredstif

FIRST TIMER!

Yeah, fear of heights has no bearing on skydiving. I'm very afraid of heights, but it has never bothered me skydiving. Just suck it up, go do a tandem, you'll have fun, I promise. I bet you don't notice the fear of heights coming into play at all (not that you won't be scare, you will be, but for other reasons).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

How many times have you gone?

If you look at the "mini-profile" to the left of a post, you can see how many jumps the poster has made. In the case of AggieDave, it looks like 1100+. I also believe he's a tandem master (in other words, he's qualified to have people strapped to the front of him when he gets out of the airplane).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Its the greatest feeling, trust all of us on this one. But one thing to be warned about, I like it better than sex itself, You might too, I don't know. Just let your Boyfriend know. Hehe;)

Oh and look down just before you exit the plane, its one of the best views of the world your ever gonna see.

Blue skies to you and your boyfriend!!!

Jeff

my first jump is going to be on saturday (june 19th) i am afraid of heights as well. i am also afraid of alot of things.....just try to leave all your thinking's, leave you're mind's free n enjoy your jump. i will let you know how my first jump is...

stay strong n keep the faith in you.

Welcome! You will have an awesome experience! I am not scared of heights, but I have heard from others who are that it doesn't really come into play. Perhaps only at the very end when you are just a couple hundred feet off the ground. But if you like roller coasters, then that part should be no problem either.
You will be scared, anxious, nervous. Especially on the ride up and when the door opens. Just because it's such an unnatural thing. You will probably be in shock/overload as soon as you're out the door. But once you're out there flying, it's all worth it!!

Good luck! Let us know how it went.

Jeth B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I haven't made my first skydive yet, however I have some input that may help. I was working on my private pilots license a few years back. One of the other guys that was going through ground school was afraid of heights, and kept saying he wasn't sure if he would be able to handle it when he actually got in the plane. When we went up for the first time it didn't bother him one bit, he even took control of the plane from the co-pilots seat for a few minutes. The instructor told him he was probably only afraid of "solid heights" meaning things that were attatched to the ground. With any luck you will be the same way. Anyway, sorry for the long drawn out story and good luck with your first jump.

Greenie in training.

Be concerned. Because it is a life changing event and you will most likely become immediately addicted.

Sadly, that is what happened to me. You will likely love it. You will likely experience something just borderline of miraculous. Mind adjusting/life altering/extraordinary. It will likely take over your every waking moment on a day with the briefest glimpse of blue skies.

Danger, danger Will Robinson!

i suffer from a sort of vertigo that i can only describe as a flight response dilemma...a sort of fear of throwing myself off or falling off objects...that said when i used to rockclimb when i fly i have no fear because i know thats either impossible or unlikely, but if i was free climbing or hanging over a low railed 3rd floor balcony my legs were jelly.

my tandem was a great thrill because i could indulge that flight response...i had total faith in my tandem jumper and the kit, so i felt free to indulge away...total freedom.

AFF just gets better because its you doing it, your not a passenger.B|

Its that "this is the me flying though the sky" that is rewarding and a totally addictive experience.B|

grief i wish i wasnt so busy and jumping.....arghhh

Hey Scaredstif,

I'm glad you have decided to go with the sport. I was nervous as hell when I started and surprising as it is, I was and still am scared of climbing a ladder higher than 5', yet I have no problem jumping out the door (OK, the first few jumps were pretty daunting, but the bigger prize of being able to skydive got me over this).

As for dzdummy, he is obviously not getting enough good sex! Welcome to the sport; be safe and be very happy like most of us.

Dave.
My favourite saying is under construction...

Ello ppl. I was exactly the same. scarred stiff at the though of dangling there @ 3500ft when i cant even hang out of my bedroom window without getting a wobble on. Furthermore, i hate flying! However, it is amazing how many ppl are actually frightened of highs & flying yet they can "Skydive". After i done my 5th static line jump i coverted to AFF. Money well spent. If you can afford it, do it!...........

no i am getting what you would say faded love from my ex, and she has a bf, lol. I just love skydiving.
You can say i am kinda a nympho when it comes to sex, but the rush from skydiving last sooooooooooooooo much longer.

everyone's a nympho when it comes too sex. but, i'd rather skydive instead of havin sex.