Chew

5 Down 3 to go!

Hello Everyone!

Well I have just had the most amazing weekend of my life! My first weekend Skydiving!

I am doing an AFF Course at Netheravon and did 3 jumps on the Saturday and 2 on the Sunday and I have to say, they just kept getting better and better!

I passed the 5 levels and now cant wait to get back and do the other 3. I didn't think I would get addicted so quickly!!

I wont bore you with every level, but the highlight of the weekend had to be level 5. After completing my two 360 turns we still had plenty of free time left and my instructor just kept waving me to do more turns! I managed to fit in another 2 turns each way before pulling at 5000. The feeling of being in control in freefall was unlike anything I have ever felt before and the smile on my face was huge and comes back to me every time I think it over in my head. And to make the jump even better, I managed to stay on my feet at landing for the first time!

Now I am just counting down the days till my next jump!

funny you should say that, it also took me to level 5 before I stayed on my feet this weekend.

Instructor recommended a smaller canopy, had much more fun under it, much more responsive. Either that or just a bit of luck, but was very pleased when I did not end up on my arse...

Roll on Level 6...

I also had a different canopy for my 5th jump that seemed a lot more responsive, so maybe that is why I managed to stay on my feet!

But I think you are right, there has to be some luck involved too! It sure is hard to judge how high you are when you are that close to landing. Lots and Lots more practice I think! Any excuse to get back up there!;)