freeflir29

Jumpshack and MIKE FORSYTHE Freakin ROCK!!!!

Correct me if I'm Wrong, this was before My time as a skydiver, but didn't the Dolphin with Snaps earn a bad rep for always having riser covers open in Freefall??

Actually they had a problem of the snaps not releasing during opening. Then they went to tuck tabs. The way they had the snaps mounted on the reserve flaps gave them way too many directions to try and open to, which caused them to lock up at times.

Hope this helps...
Miami

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I still have yet to see a valid reason why the Racer risers are not an excellent design.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ditto!
And how I HATE to sound like Rush Limbaugh!

I suspect that half of the alleged "brake fires" on opening can be traced to sloppy packing - stowing brakes ABOVE the ring. Heck! I have even caught myself making that mistake a couple of times.

Not arguing with you because I respect everyone's opinions, but I thought I might try to sway you to like them...

Thanks for that!:D

I have about 400-500 jumps on "snap risers" not including 500 or so tandems. They can work, I just think I've found a better system now.....:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

5) Risers stretch during a hard opening. Since the snaps don't move, they'll be suseptible to prematurely releasing in a hard opening.

Good point.

Probably less of an issue with this design as the snaps are very close to the guide ring giving less "stretch" distance, simalar to Vector tandem risers.

Still not a fan of snaps, don't much card for them on sport or tandem risers.

Your right, it is not a "good design" it is a great design that several manufactures have adopted with great success and customer satisfaction.

Name them please.

Actually they had a problem of the snaps not releasing during opening.

Interesting. I have a 95 Dolphin that I have put 350+ jumps on. I'd say the majority of those I spent at least some part if not ALL of the skydive on my head or sit. I have NEVER...NOT ONCE........had ANY problem with the risers or riser flaps or snaps. Maybe it's just the way that I pack and maintain my equipment. NNNAAAHHHHHH!!!! Couldn't be. :P I'm sure it's just blind luck.

Wow.......Thanks for posting the pics of your Jumpshack risers. They look just like the ones I have. Now.....lets pic a subject that skydivers won't bitch and disagree about.....Like..........RSL's. :D