airdog07

wingsuite base

how many wingsuite total befor you did you first wingsuit base and where,what type of wingsuit
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

Have a look here. That'll answer most of your questions.

Which suit? That's a matter of some debate. I'd say start BASE with whichever suit you are most comfortable flying in the skydiving environment.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I read the Gide line now I’m looking for general wingsuite base jumpers experience level when they did there first wingsuit base, I want to make a base wingsuite befor the world end’s. what about you tom any base wingsuite ?
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

What is a wing suit total? I don't think I have done any of thoes.:| Wing suit base is fun, nuttier that squirl shit!
Symmetry doesn't matter.

what about you tom any base wingsuite ?

Tom is the WS master. He is allmost as good in WS as he is in Tracking!

(That was a giveaway tom I had to ;) )

Anyway I had about 150 WS skydives when I did my first.
I do recomend a 100 before you Start with the BASE WS.
Also do some training jumping BASE-jumps with youre Arms close to you body.

I recomend a suit that is easy to fly and easy to pull.

Acro, Prodigy, S-fly,
/Martin - Team Bautasten of Sweden

for me it was:
30 or 40 ws flights before ws base including helicopter and balloon.
I first base jumped a skyflier wingsuit from K's exit 5 after a week or two of great weather jumping.

i never really enjoyed the wingsuit flying until i got this S fly this summer.

uncle potato head

34 ws skydives on Crossbow, Da Kine Soaring Suit and GTi.
Then Monte Brento with GTi, also Eiger and Staggenfluh.
In retrospect, I wish I was a more proficient flier during those first BASE flights.
So I went back to the dz for 29 more jumps on GTi before going to Lysebotn, flew a lot better.
More skydives wingsuiting, then off to another rock, El Gigante, it was awesome.
In the last year I have put hundreds of jumps on S3, V1, S3S (now s3sR) and Acro.
Also demo'd GS1 and the Eagle, sent 'em back.
Will be back at El Gigante in a few weeks to fly V1, s3sR and Acro.
Same for Baffin in May.
Between BASE trips I will be flying ws every week.
Will be adding Phantom to the selection this month.
Wingsuit pilots have more fun than belly floppers.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

I had ~200 WS skydives on GTI, and about 150 total BASE jumps, then I took the GTI off an A from about 1800' one night.
Good luck, it is SO fun!
Blair

I had nearly 300 WS jumps including a few Heli and Balloon jumps. Jumped the V-1 on my first three jumps but am jumping the Phantom now.

Kris.

I’m looking for general wingsuite base jumpers experience level when they did there first wingsuit base,

I've met people who started with 7 and people with 700+ BASE jumps.

Some never jumped a wingsuit before (0 skydives), some had several hundred wingsuit skydives.

Those with a solid skill base in both made better first jumps and progressed quicker.

The in-experienced tend to have little fear of their 1st WS BASE jump. The experienced tend to have more fear.
BASEstore.it

"The in-experienced tend to have little fear of their 1st WS BASE jump. The experienced tend to have more fear."

I agree entirely, and this carries beyond wingsuits. after awhile you have your own close calls, you see some friends get hurt some die, you realize this isnt the sweetest sport ever. you get a sour taste of it.

I have more fear now sometimes than when i had less experience. sometimes it is the same amount but never really any less.

it is too bad it is just so god dam much fun sometimes. now i am choosy. I only jump bitchen stuff with good friends in good conditions with good LZs. a total snob.

UNCLE POTATO HEAD

Hello

I had less than 10 WS jumps from a plane when I did my first wingsuit Base , I wasn't very well informed at that time and I don't recommend what I did. Somehow I survived he he .

I started with a GTI , then a Skyflyer and a crossbow, but when I bought my V-1 I was so scared of it that I put like 50 jumps on it before I did my first BASE. Like unclecharlie says when you det more experience you get more fear.

Cheers

Gabo

Like unclecharlie says when you det more experience you get more fear.

jt and gabo,

Can you explain what your response is to this increased fear?Do you jump less often now, compared to before?

Kris.

i Had about 450 ws jumps from plane, 12 from hover heli. 3 from baloon the first one sucked.
and finally i had 15 base jumps when i jumped my prodogy the first time. WS BASE is the only reason i started BASE jumping i now have about 60 BASE and the last 25 have been in a WS and i guess the next 25 will be too.
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

bowie did you do all the skydiving ws with prodigy, Do you stilll using prodigy for base

Hello

What I mean ,and this is just my opinion, is similar to my Base experience when I first started jumping I was scared at some level , then 6 years later after having many close calls , many good friends gone , and truly understanding the sport I can tell you that I get more scared than before because I know what happens if things go slightly wrong.

So when I started jumping a W/S I had not a lot of experience and I wasn't that aware of the dangers, when I received my V1 even though I had like 70 W/S jumps with other suits I was more scared of jumping the V1 because I was really aware of the difference with the suit, it is for experienced jumpers and you have more things to worry like, dangers of a bad exit, having the pilot chute behind my back and not inflating in time, etc..

Now don't get me wrong I jump my V1 as much as I can and I already put more than 50 Base jumps on it, I am just more aware of dangers on every jump and I get very scared sometimes. Especially on new places.

Cheers

Gabo

bowie did you do all the skydiving ws with prodigy, Do you still using prodigy for base

No i had about 100 jumps in classic 1 & 2
Then another 100 jumps in GTI
A lot in my S3
And the rest in S3S
I only had about 20 jumps in Prodigy

My BASE no 6 or 7 was in my S3S off Kjerag last year and i haven't WS BASE'd any thing else since.

And i also think that my relative high number of airplane WS jumps made it up for my low number of BASE
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

Jumped the V-1 on my first three jumps but am jumping the Phantom now.
--------------------------------------------------------------
how many sd ws jump before you base ws with v-1,why phantom now.
thanks ever one.

nearly 300 Wingsuit Skydives...mostly solos on big suits. About 50 each on classic and GTI, 100 on S3, 50 on S-Fly, and nearly 50 on V-1.

I fly Phantom now because I don't have a big suit anymore. But most places I jump Kjerag(not smell) and ITW don't need more than the Phantom.

Kris.

between phantom and s-fly which do you prefer, I like phantom, s-fly look lot easy to fly ?

I did not BASE jump the S-Fly. Have seen people fly them really well though.

Kris.