wandrer

sorry pilot from aerodyne

Maybe I can help shed some light on the new "toys" by Aerodyne Int.

I have jumped both the Pilot 168 & 148, at my home DZ (Johannesburg Skydiving Club) we are at 5000ft MSL, so canopy's perform a bit more aggressive here than at coastal DZ's.

Over all I like the Pilot as a canopy, the points that make me say this are as follows.

Opening: Of the 25 to 30 jumps on the Pilot I cannot recall one hard or positive opening, they were all smooth on heading with no "whip". The Pilot does take a few feet longer to open than the Hornet and Sabre, so be aware of it when jumping (but it's not like 300ft).

Packing: mmmmm ..... the first few pack jobs are gonna be a treat, the new material used is quite slick and the first few pack jobs are fun to say the least, but once the canopy is settled in, it's a breeze to pack.

Flight: With light responsive toggle pressure and a great glide ratio the Pilot is a excellent all round canopy. I found it to be very docile if required but if you flew it, it would react and be a fun canopy to fly. The riser pressure is great and manageable, so front riser approaches are easy and safe. (well as long as you know what you doing)

Landings: With the great toggle pressure, this canopy is a breeze to land, it has a steeper angle of attack than most square canopies, but flairs out nice, and will have you swooping easy if you have enough forward speed.

Our National Team went to Gap for the World Meet with Pilots and Visions packed, and they had always been PD Jumpers, but once they had a few jumps under the new canopies, they all came back saying it's some of the best gear availalble to jumpers today, with a world calls standard.

You will not go wrong with any of the new Aerodyne Gear.

I'm awaiting my Icon I3, Smart 135 & Vision 124 B|

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

thanks for the info now another question i am an american now living in turkey and am having a hard time finding gear suppliers in europe or africa can you give some ideas i.e. where did you order your new rig thanks again for the imput
cheers
joseph

thanks for the info now another question i am an american now living in turkey and am having a hard time finding gear suppliers in europe or africa can you give some ideas i.e. where did you order your new rig thanks again for the imput
cheers
joseph

PM me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Why not try contacting aerodyne directly [or any other manufacturer for that matter] or visit their web site to get the dealer closest to you. If there are none, I'm sure they will let you order directly from them and ship your gear directly to you or your closest drop zone, or make some kind of plan for you.;)
If you go to the Gear section on this web site, all the manufacturers are listed there and if you go into to the specific product's details, there are links to the manucaturer's web sites.

Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, will be true!

a great glide ratio.

it has a steeper angle of attack than most square canopies

These two statements seem to be incompatible.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Yes you are correct .... seems like the two contradict each other. Sorry for the confusion.

While jumping the Pilot I was on a few loads that ended up being deep, and with a small amount of brakes was able to make it back, with plenty of altitude to spare. I was sure that the angle of attack was small.

But while watching others fly the canopy (we have about 10 Pilots on our DZ) the Pilot does have quite a steep nose down configuration.

Not to sure if I make any sense.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.