Stumpy

YOu are all adrenaline junkies and Nutters

It says so in the Sunday times so it must be true.... ;)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Does anyone know the author to that article...?
The other question I have is ......why...?

Sunday Times...??
Article on 'how' to get into BASE jumping....???

I dont get it....was it part of a feature on extreme sports etc etc??

I'm also wondering who the author is. I love this quote "There’s no room for the future, or the past".

Isn't the authors name in about the first two lines of the article......????
Never try to eat more than you can lift

I'm also wondering who the author is.

"Rob Jonson explains the rules of BASE"

I'd like to know why he published it in the times too :S

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

"Rob Jonson explains the rules of BASE"

I have not heard of a Rob Jonson...I assumed this was a false/pen name and was wondering who actually wrote it

>>'If you're not ready to die, you're not ready to jump'<<

We spent twenty years debunking the "death wish" thing so thanks for the above [:/].

That's so 80s . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Could someone please drop me a PM with the name of the jumper who wrote that 'How to' article for the Sunday Times.

He started jumping summer 2005, first jump off bridge in California, mentored by Mike Muscat, broke his ankle last June on an urban jump. That should narrow it down.

Thanks. :)

Tom Aiello, one of the gurus of BASE, puts it like this: “If you are not ready to die BASE jumping, you are not ready to go BASE jumping.”

is this a miscommunication of some sort?

for the record im am not ready to die period. but then again, very few truly are.

Tom Aiello, one of the gurus of BASE, puts it like this: “If you are not ready to die BASE jumping, you are not ready to go BASE jumping.”

is this a miscommunication of some sort?

for the record im am not ready to die period. but then again, very few truly are.

It was apparently ripped from tom's 'Getting Into BASE' article posted at the top of the BASE forum
-Ghetto
"The reason death cannot frighten me, is because life has cured me of fear."
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving

<>

Actually this was the first newspaper article I have seen that didn't rake Brian and me through the coals. That was the only thing I liked about it.

I'm assuming the reporter is a schizo. His point is completely lost on me. Why would he jump if he thinks it is something only a bunch of idiots would do?

In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

I'm assuming the reporter is a schizo. His point is completely lost on me. Why would he jump if he thinks it is something only a bunch of idiots would do?

Googling his name, he seems to be a rope-jumping/bungee instructor, who has been involved with base(crane) events in the UK.

maybe he doesnt base, but just wanted to give his view on the people he's dealing with in these event-demo's (jumping from his crane?)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hi All,
I'm Dave and was one of the organisers of the UK Crane Boogie.
Rob was one of the staff for the event, and was supplied by the bungee guys to man the cage. He and his buddies did a great job and helped us have a great days jumping. However... the article that appeared perpetuates exactly the kind of image we are trying to get rid of, and has done us no good at all. We are working towards a bunch of events for our tiny island and can do without this kind of stuff being printed, but hey, we live in a world of free speech! (?)
So, we're grumpy with Rob too, disappointed he didn't pass the contact on so we could further the cause and we'd like to publicly distance ourselves from it. Check out www.ukprobase.com (non-profit organisation) if you want to see what we are up to and we are very open to ideas, suggestions and criticism so feel free...
Stay safe,
Dave M