godfrog

I wanna do it

I am a skydiver and a pilot and have been interested in base jumping for quite some time. Not being one to rush into things I would like some advise on equipment and training for a first timer. TwinFalls is the most accessable for me. any advice would be highly appreciated. I do understand at least some of the risks involved.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

Or here.

Edited to add: "Man I was so enthusiastic about BASE jumping that inbetween shitting my pants full of excitement, I left no stone unturned. That article could have been hidden on a prime-number archive page, and I still would have found it." - Anonymous

Is your profile accurate?

It looks like you are averaging just a touch over 10 skydives per year, for the last 16 years? Is that right?

My advice is to get a little more current. Spend several weekends in a row at the DZ, jumping as much as possible, preferably on a 7 cell, or, even better, on a BASE canopy. Practice accuracy and canopy drills, and make sure you're comfortable with that parachute. If you need gear for this, I've got an old accuracy rig that I could loan you to practice with.

Aside from that, my advice is pretty much all in the article that Jaap pointed out, which you can download directly (as a .pdf file, so you'll need Acrobat reader or a real computer :P) here.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

i'll teach u to base but your first object will have to be a building and u better have a shit losd of really good coke never mind just give me a 1000 bucks for blow and another 10 bucks for a hooker and we can call it even and u can do some of the blow and the hooker
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

Maggot,
I already know how to jump, but, I still wanna get jacked up and laid... I'm in.

New guy(s),
I love that all the new jumpers have this thing called the internet. I actually remember having to make phone calls, travel and meet people when I wanted to learn.

lucky fuckers...

later,
smd7

p.s. the prime number thing was funny as hell...

That's not quite true . . .

As early as 1988-89 there were a dozen or so BASE jumpers communicating via email and the BBS (bulletin boards). From that came the first “BASE Board” I started it in about 1990 and hosted by GENie. Than as the web went graphical and become easier to use Mick’s BASE Board became the place to gather, but that was also the time the tone changed from humorous, insightful & witty to what we have today – too much noise – that often obscures the real stuff . . .

I remember, and still have, many of those early messages archived. And I well remember my first post after seeing that it was read by 8 people. It was a heady moment . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

...I well remember my first post after seeing that it was read by 8 people. It was a heady moment . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Aug 23, 2006, 5:35 PM
Post #7 of 7 (58 views)

It's like the future or something. :)
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Hey Nick, would you be willing to post the old posts from the"BASE Board” so us youngins coudl take a look at the early days of BASE?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Is your profile accurate?

It looks like you are averaging just a touch over 10 skydives per year, for the last 16 years? Is that right?

My advice is to get a little more current. Spend several weekends in a row at the DZ, jumping as much as possible, preferably on a 7 cell, or, even better, on a BASE canopy. Practice accuracy and canopy drills, and make sure you're comfortable with that parachute. If you need gear for this, I've got an old accuracy rig that I could loan you to practice with.

Aside from that, my advice is pretty much all in the article that Jaap pointed out, which you can download directly (as a .pdf file, so you'll need Acrobat reader or a real computer :P) here.

No its not accurate, and I alot of jumps on a 7 cell. matter of fact Im gonna put in a few tommorrow. and lastly I like to pride myself on my accoracy.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward