dhracer33

ganor exit with wingsuit

I'm gonna try one tomorrow out of a hot air balloon. It doesn't really matter since I'll be 5k in the air with nothing to run into, but I was wondering what the "correct" technique is. I'm sure it'll work out either way but I'd like to set myself up for sucess with some pointers from people who have done them off cliffs. Thanks for the info...

ga[y]nor? or gainer? lol

be safe
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I only have non-WS gainer experience, but here is what I know, take it for what it's worth. I practiced a bunch on a trampoline before trying it on a cliff, and at first the tendency when attempting a back flip or gainer was to twist during the rotation. You need to be able to rotate w/o twisting in order to ensure good body position/good deployment. For a WS, this would mean faster acquisition of full glide and ensure on heading initial flying. Again please take this w/ a grain of salt and listen to someone with actual gainer WS experience. Have fun!

As Dougs would say...jump and aim to put your dick at eye level...the momentum will take care of the rest. Only you probly won't make the balloon driver happy as they like you to just drop off as they arent keen on the swinging jumping causes.

I've done a couple of gainers of Kjerag with my V1 and I found that you have to have a lot more momentum than when you do gainers without wingsuit. It's very easy to end up on your back with head towards the cliff if you don't have enough speed spinning backwards. Thats not a very pleasant experience (but it worked out fine) :)I tried also a "running" exit with the V1 but that made it even harder to flip fast enough backwards. I feel that a standing exit is easiest.

-Jo Henrik

I have done a couple myself as well, but only standing exit. It is basically the same thing as doing it without. Easier to stop rotation compared to doing it without. Rob Tompkins, who I jumped with a couple of years ago, normally did it with one foot in front the other. He tended to get of axis from time to time, so personally I would recommend feet beside each other.

Small tip: Stand on 10 meters above water, and do a gainer with your arms along your body. If you get out of it in a horizontal position (of course land with arms and legs first) you can be sure to make it with WS in BASE.

Fly low, pull high....VKB#7

http://www.fatsnake.com

Gainer-ws-exits were the fashion a couple of years ago, until everybody realized that they're not helping you to get flying faster. I wouldn't do one off a cliff where I need to get flying instantly.
If you just wanna do the gainers for fun off a bigger cliff, go ahead, just keep in mind what fatsnake said: it is easy to get out of axis if your legwing is not in line with the axis of the rotation (of course this also depends on the ws-model you're using).

Keep it all in until you're ready to kill your rotation, and try to kill it when you're *just* past head down, SMOOTHLY AND SLOWLY. I'd also have a bunch of WS BASE jumps before you try it from a cliff. And if it's a PRODIGY, just do it like you normally would.
pope

I saw miles D. do a double in the swiss Valley, he was tucked up pretty good. scary.:)~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

I saw miles D. do a double in the swiss Valley

Double gainer in the Valley with wingsuit ? Respect. Which exit was that ? Which suit ? And most important of all... Where is the video ? :)
http://www.ufufreefly.com