MikeTB

Italian terminal wall

Hello !
I'm planing a trip to the Italian terminal wall for this fall. B| I'm looking for the GPS coordonate of the site. I think once there we will find the green metal tower close to the exit point but I have still no idea where the wall is situated in the province.
Any input will be appreciated.
Miketb :)

> I'm looking for the GPS coordinate of the site
?!?!?!?!?!?!? :o
And do you expect to find GPS coordinates of ITW on this site/ANY web site or that anybody is going to tell you the GPS coordinates of ITW?!?!?!?!? :o
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Dude, kindly ask for help from the Italian locals. In addition, not relying on the hard earned accumulated knowledge of the locals who know the wind conditions and particulars of this site may put you or one of your crew as #101 on Nick's list.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

hey 460

you think that this base jumper does not know that every base jump can be dangerous and potatntially fatal?... of course he does, all he is looking for is a the whereabouts of some totally bitchen exit points.

and 689...

yes, this website is a great place to get info. and yes I do think someone will give him the GPS coordinates if they have them, I just happen not to have them so I PM'd him directions as best as I could remember them.

I imagine that the locals that frequent this site would be helpful to this curious base jumper as well. anyways, MIKE TB good luck finding your way to the top, and ignore these computer types when they post irrelevent negativity, they are just totally silly.

It cracks me up... if someone asked you for directions to the store would you respond by saying "watchout, and look both ways before crossing any streets, you might cross a street on your way and that could make you the millionth person to ever die crossing the street."

I imagine that the locals that frequent this site would be helpful to this curious base jumper as well. anyways, MIKE TB good luck finding your way to the top, and ignore these computer types when they post irrelevent negativity, they are just totally silly.

I'd take it as a lack of respect if someone was coming to jump my local object without getting in touch with me at all.

An object is not only an exit point located by GPS.

Julien.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

a perfect strange goes and explores a base jump and you take offense.

silly!

Yeah 914, How do I know who this person is? Why bother doing it without advice from the locals? Get a clue.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

you think that this base jumper does not know that every base jump can be dangerous and potatntially fatal?... of course he does, all he is looking for is a the whereabouts of some totally bitchen exit points.

I would have thought a serious BASE jumper would know to contact the locals.
- shows respect
- they'll have the latest info
- they can advise you on your plan
- they also can ensure you have the right equipment

jumpers who avoid these benefits display a confidence beyond 85 jumps...

any one of these benefits could break the chain leading to an accident.

why facilitate avoidance? or do you not care about other jumpers?
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

...and 689...I imagine that the locals that frequent this site would be helpful...

You know that 689 is a local to the site, and is generally quite helpful to visiting jumpers, right?

MikeTB, I recommend PMing a local to the site (like 689 or UncleCharlie) and asking them for some help. Trying to follow directions sent via PM by someone half way around the world doesn't sound nearly as wise as just finding some guys who are out there regularly and can show you where to go.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Yep,
I was thinking that the request wasn't very wise. A simple seach just turned up 75 hits. I half expected to see coordinates from some place far away as we have a jumper apparently who doesn't know how to search the forum and apparently doesn't want to deal with the Locals. It's crap to the locals when some jumper from thousands of miles away just gives up the beta to anyone. In fact, it's just plain disrespectful.
There is a great resource there as you have said. "The Locals". When I first jumped there, there were no local Locals. It took us 2 trips just to sort out where the exit point was. A few bad landings to sort out the winds. That kind of "scoping it out" for the ITW went out before the turn of the century though there are many of the peaks of the Alps (300,000) that are as yet unscoped. Work hard to open a site and one will understand the negative responses about seeing the site publicized, GPS'd, on TV and such.
Good luck to the original poster.
Take care,
space

> a perfect strange goes and explores a base jump and you take offense
Yes, indeed. I take offense too, because there is NO point in:
1) not contacting locals
2) looking for GPS coordinates on Internet
3) there is no clue about level of training of jumper asking info
A BASE site is WAY MORE than GPS coordinates.
Granted you know the coordinates of exit point, how the fuck do you get to it? It's 1 h hike, how on hell do you approach it?
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

With a little bit of time and a few (non-human asking type) search engine type sites, I found every site I could kill myself with(everything I know, legal, not so legal, etc.). Just couldn't find the "I want to live" on the net, the search goes on.[:/]

do you even know who you are talking to? didn't think so... if you are wondering how to send a rocket into outer space, then ask 460.

yeah, ask the locals. I am sure they will help you in a way that no one else on this site will be able to. you will probably get lost listening to 914. :o

all you guys are have poor reading skills. I encouraged talking to locals by saying "I imagine they would be helpful"

silly... so silly.

Hey Hey just come back from hard work and now I see that some people are frustrated:S. I have never been to Italy yet and I'm looking at the possibility to see the wall with google eart:D:D.
Thanks for the PM and hope to see some local with a :)
I'm looking forward to see that from my V1 B|B|