SBCmac

Sliders in Twin Falls

Slider up jumps from this altitude greatly increase your risk, because you are deploying a slider up canopy with what is really insufficient airspeed to drive the slider for a consistent opening.

----------------------------------------------------------

Are you referring to the idea that it either increases the chances of linetwists and/or low altitude off heading openings that could jeopardize safe landing options?

Are you referring to the idea that it either increases the chances of linetwists and/or low altitude off heading openings that could jeopardize safe landing options?

Basically, it makes the opening less consistent. That can result in any number of problems, starting with off headings and working your way up from there.

In TF, a normal slider up delay with the wrong off heading pretty much guarantees a wet landing, at a minimum.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

..."all puzzled when someone gets hurt at Perrine, when people are not jumping Perrine with the same approach as other objects in BASE."
Well now I see why your all Puzzled. The Twin Falls bridge is NOT like any other BASE sub-500 ft. object. So THAT's why it not approched like other BASE sub-500 ft. objects in the world with slider-up deployments.
_________

"That's my exact point... None! I will never do it either... Same as burning in... I don't have to actually do it to know that it will kill you... "
Well you seem very Narrow-Minded & you state that, ( have Never Done ) so HOW do (You Know ?) maybe you are missing something very unique in the world of sub-500 ft. slider-up jumps. That is a fun and possitive experience in your Growth & skill of BASE that can be safely aquired for your experience ?

"Just curious how your’s differs from what is commonly known as an appropriate delay for a slider, 4 sec... I feel that with the (appropriate delay) slider-up off that bridge and even with a off-Heading or a line-twist or both. It is easy to still make a good safe landing on dry land. "
Well aperently (MINE) does not differ from any others that do it safely. It is common knowledge that can be tought to anyone. You Just Don't Know IT and have never been tought
The appropriat delay is the delay that is chosen to accomidate your slider-up jump-plan.

" Furthermore… I really don’t care what you guys do at Perrine; you can fuck a goat on the way down for all I care. Just don’t come on dropzone.com telling everybody that you don’t understand why your pc delayed when you got your goat cheese all over your hands and it affected your pitch… By doing so, you really do a disservice to people trying to learn from you when they read dropzone.com. "
There is nothing Wrong with using what is appropriate for one's-self & choosing restraint for safety for yourself. This is good that you know your limits & as you plainly put it. "The Line You Walk"
I think. - It Is You - who are doing the disservice to a perspective Learning Crowd of BASE jumpers. Who is making safety judgment calls about a subject of sub-500 ft. slider-up BASE jumps You CLEARLY know nothing about & have never experienced.
Also if you are learning to BASE jump off a internet web-site. Then there is Very Little hope for your safety anyway.
How far out of touch of reality are you ? You think sub-500 ft. slider-up BASE can safely be Learned from Reading a Web-site ? Would You attemt to teach sub-500 Ft. slider-up mechanics off a BASE chat line ? who the fuck are you bullshiting. I'm the biggest fucking bullshitter on this planet so don't even try to slip that garbage on me.
Its apparent that you have Goat Cheese for a Brain. So Stick with "walking your OWN LINE" and not someone elses.

Well you seem very Narrow-Minded & you state that, ( have Never Done ) so HOW do (You Know ?) maybe you are missing something very unique in the world of sub-500 ft. slider-up jumps. That is a fun and possitive experience in your Growth & skill of BASE that can be safely aquired for your experience ?

You can't read and your logic is wacked...

Just like most of your posts, your reply carries no logic and is complete nonsense.

Like I said before, and it sounds like I need to break the crayons for you, I will not apply techniques where they should not be applied, regardless that it's Perrine.

It Is You - who are doing the disservice to a perspective Learning Crowd of BASE jumpers. Who is making safety judgment calls about a subject of sub-500 ft. slider-up BASE jumps You CLEARLY know nothing about & have never experienced.

You never answered my question Ray... What is the proper, mechanically speaking, delay for a slider parachute jump?

If your answer is, what you stated below:

Well aperently (MINE) does not differ from any others that do it safely. It is common knowledge that can be tought to anyone. You Just Don't Know IT and have never been tought
The appropriat delay is the delay that is chosen to accomidate your slider-up jump-plan.

Then I simply have no comment because that is the scariest answer I have ever heard on dropzone.com! Who gives a shit about what your “slider-up jump-plan” is if you are jumping from a height that does not allow for a proper delay. Again, as commonly known in BASE, 4sec is the minimum delay recommended for a slider jump, for the pure mechanical reasons behind how a parachute opens with a slider on it…

There is nothing Wrong with using what is appropriate for one's-self & choosing restraint for safety for yourself. This is good that you know your limits & as you plainly put it. "The Line You Walk"
I think. - It Is You - who are doing the disservice to a perspective Learning Crowd of BASE jumpers. Who is making safety judgment calls about a subject of sub-500 ft. slider-up BASE jumps You CLEARLY know nothing about & have never experienced.
Also if you are learning to BASE jump off a internet
web-site. Then there is Very Little hope for your safety anyway.
How far out of touch of reality are you ? You think sub-500 ft. slider-up BASE can safely be Learned from Reading a Web-site ? Would You attemt to teach sub-500 Ft. slider-up mechanics off a BASE chat line ? who the fuck are you bullshiting. I'm the biggest fucking bullshitter on this planet so don't even try to slip that garbage on me.
Its apparent that you have Goat Cheese for a Brain. So Stick with "walking your OWN LINE" and not someone elses.

Can someone please run this through the idiot translator? Because I can't read babble...

Like I said, I really don't care what you do at Perrine. You can be Ray for all I care! But again... (Imagine me speaking slowly for you Ray. Since you can't read…) My argument is.... When we discuss/analyze injuries and fatalities at Perrine, in dropzone.com, I don't believe we take everything into consideration, including mental preparation going into the jump. I used people using a slider for comfort, not training, at Perrine as an example that demonstrates the complacency that is common at Perrine. Therefore, in conclusion, drawing the correlation between injuries and complacency at Perrine…

BATMAN - (A.K.A. SBCmac ...)

All,

I've removed a bunch of fairly useless noise from this thread. I think there is some useful discussion here. Can we keep this thread productive, please? There are plenty of other threads about crayons and rock throwing that you can use to bicker needlessly.

RayLosli, SBCmac,

Please go easy on the personal attacks. I know you're both capable of disagreeing, and even arguing, without slinging pointless insults.

Thanks!

Oh, and this bit, from Ray Losli, was actually reasonable discussion, so here it is again:

I Do NOT care about anyone using DROPZONE.com/BASE Zone as a Resource. BASE jumping can not be learned in any fashion from here on theBASEzone. (BASE) is a Hands-On-ONLY learning experience. BASEzone is just (common ground) for a shared experience to pedal theories of the, Thought of Practice.
So I just don't believe that anyone can make any conclusions of Safety Vs Complacency or what is common practice of BASE jumping from talking on an internet web-site. I ONLY deeply care about Hands-On Teaching face-to-Face. NOT typing BullShit that goes on from here to eternity. (like i am doing now)
No conclusions of what is common practice in jumping or training or complacency or whatever is trying to be said as (Theory of Safety) can Not be made. Their are no facts to draw from. Except Random Picked incidents. Any studies of TwinFalls bridge must be take from every person jumping day by day jump by jump. Right Now there on this bridge it is just a Free-For-All, for years and nobody is taking any data on any (Jumping vs Injury vs training vs Complacency) so please don't try to feed Me any of your Theories. I am not buying them. I have my own beliefs of what is BASE jumping. thank you.

-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Thanks for the Censorship. What's the matter ? you could not just Split-it to another Thread ?

Tom, I totally respect what your saying. I have no more to say to Ray. I'm out of crayons :D...

Dude can't you Pucker-Up and kiss the Moderators Ass just a little harder ?

I don't believe you. I suspect that at home, there are far more other substances, and less alcohol.

Depends on which home... :)

Last weekend we got really drunk and opened a very high security smokestack. I would have never ever approached that one sober.

A guard came out and pointed a gun at us. We just pushed him out of the way with a car. Again, a sober person would get busted right there.

To be honest, we did crash the car a minute later... but the turn was really tight!

But getting back to our subject: i feel that at Perrine, sliders just don't matter. I have jumped there with and without a slider, and had absolutely no idea which way rigs were packed. It made no difference at all. In fact i got so drunk by the afternoon that i had to switch to rounds. By the way thank you everybody for all those loaners... i've never jumped so many different rigs in one day!

bsbd!

Yuri.

I removed my original reply... I've decided not to respond to somone who just babbles...

By the way thank you everybody for all those loaners... i've never jumped so many different rigs in one day!

And I bet you didn't make one pack job the whole day! :D

And I bet you didn't make one pack job the whole day! :D

I was using demo rigs precisely because i was too drunk to pack :P

bsbd!

Yuri.

But getting back to our subject: i feel that at Perrine, sliders just don't matter. I have jumped there with and without a slider, and had absolutely no idea which way rigs were packed. It made no difference at all. In fact i got so drunk by the afternoon that i had to switch to rounds. By the way thank you everybody for all those loaners... i've never jumped so many different rigs in one day!

bsbd!

Yuri.

be safe
kleggo

whoa
dude
were you drinking when you typed this?

Yes.

How did you know? :$

bsbd!

Yuri.

whoa