bertusgeert

Highest BASE Jump

Just heard on TrippleJ (Australia) that a couple from Melbourne now holds the record for the world's highest BASE jump from a "precipice" in India.

Any more news?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

"At 2:04 (local India time ) on the 23rd of May Glenn and Heather set a new World BASE altitude record for jumping from just below the 6660 summit of Meru south from a cut ledge at 6604m"

It's for BASE climb 3 try the search botton you should find something ;)

I'd heard that Jimmy Freeman also jumped with them?

And, um, what's the definition of "highest" in this context?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

"One of the entourage - experienced Australian BASE jumper Jimmy Freeman - started vomiting blood nine days into the climb as his body succumbed to the high altitude, freezing conditions and rigorous workload.

But rather than trekking slowly back down the mountain, Freeman donned a parachute and launched himself off the edge to paraglide down to a safer altitude."

Jimmy didn't do the record jump due to illness.

Congrats to Heather and Glenn, they deserve it.
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Just heard on TrippleJ (Australia) that a couple from Melbourne...

No, Glenn and Heather are based in Sydney.
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

congratulations heather, glenn, and jimmy.
you guys rock:)luka
---------------------------------
canyon bar

Great effort to Heather, Glen, Jimmy, and the whole team. Lots of time and hard work has gone into this adventure.

Funny, it didn't seem that long ago that the tall skinny one was curious about some fat bloke jumping a suit at Picton. The circle has fully turned. Good stuff. Congrats.

And yes, we are all jealous in a good way.

Tom
Stay Safe - Have Fun - Good Luck

The above could be crap, thought provoking, useful, or . . But not personal. You decide.

Funny, it didn't seem that long ago that the tall skinny one was curious about some fat bloke jumping a suit at Picton. The circle has fully turned.

Ha ha, I love aussie humour.

Any, job well done in India. Congrats,

Ronald Overdijk