cornishe

Learn to BASE jump for $55

914:

Is a broken leg and ICU no harm, no foul? You are saying that because the marine death camper didn't get severely injured or die when he froze up and hit the wall, that proves that death camping is a good idea? Teaching youth with no parachuting experience that a serious, life changing and life thretening sport is just a good time is ignorant at best, immoral at worst. Are you suggesting that these kids would all just jump the bridge and not scurry out to other onjects that they have no business jumping? Is their "teacher" going to be responsibe for their actions, and follow to keep them on the good, clean fun path? Just becasue people are going to get hurt in dangerous sports does not give others the right to place others unreasonably into harms way.

How do you define a good role model for kids? Hard working, educated, ethical, looks out for the best interests of others, selfless?

Kudos to those who had the guts to stand up and educate College of Southern Idaho. Its been a long time coming but its about time that the mature, responsible adults who comprise 98% of this sport step up and take back the honor stolen buy the childish antics of the few.

Dudes i was actually being sarcastic about the entire post. I feel terrible and would like to apologize especially to 914...I was totally out of line, and upon re-reading his post I would have to say that I agree with him on all his points. I really dont know what I was thinking when I first posted...I was the one that was not sober.

Multiple accounts are not allowed on these forums. Please see the announcement here.

I've banned your "Way2Cool" login from this forum and have asked Sangiro to disable it.

P.S. I recommend you contact Cornishe for a short course in IP addresses.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

P.S. I recommend you contact Cornishe for a short course in IP addresses.

For $55, I'll teach you how to mask your IP traffic from anywhere in the world.

-am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Abbie, for 55 bucks I'll teach you how to

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK IT!
Memento Audere Semper

Abbie, for 55 bucks I'll teach you how to

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK IT!

Ok.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

my answer is that no it isn't a "good idea"... how could it be?

Right on.

a youthful locals scene at the bridge, that would create more fun people to jump with and new creative ways to have fun basing off the bridge.

I'm all about new people base jumping. when i have kids, they will base jump. but they will learn to fly a canopy first. while you dont need to have any canopy skill to still have a decent chance at surviving your first base jumps, its a really really good idea. skydiving and/or paragliding are excellent ways to get those skills. i think it would be bad ass if miles or some of the other instructors out there designed a program to give complete whuffos that want to get into the sport those skills. we can take twin falls local youth up to skydown and get them up to speed on base-specific canopy skills from jump 1.

miles is a good teacher.

dunno, havent seen him teach. I do know he's a great jumper and has a smile on his face all the time.

we dont even know in what manner he was planning to throw them off the bridge if at all.

yes we do. its listed in the course description, but anyway someone posted that already.

another way to look at it is that people get injured in sports all the time, people who are good, people who are bad, people who are new.

Exactly. Even the experienced people get fucked up badly. Inexperienced people can clearly hurt themselves or die at a statistically higher rate.

it doesnt mean they will stop letting us jump if people get hurt.

dude, thats fucked up if you dont care if someone gets hurt at all. have you been sliced or broken before? it sucks. why would you want someone to feel that. maybe i read you wrong. that happens on the net.

im all about personal freedoms, and if someone wants to get deathcamped after KNOWING THE ENTIRE RISKS, then that is their problem, and I WONT STOP THEM, but they can do it without my help and with my dissaproval.

bsbd,
am
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

we can take twin falls local youth up to skydown

uhm.. You mean Skydive Idaho or Star Skydiving Center...right?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage

I've banned your "Way2Cool" login from this forum and have asked Sangiro to disable it.

Done.
Safe swoops
Sangiro