87SupraT

CWAD - Altitude Loss

60 feet won't kill you even if you tried, unless you're really skilled. I've jumped as high as 84 feet without canopy and while I don't recommend it per se, it's doable.

It won't kill you, but if you go flat on your back you will probably break a couple of vertebrae. If you fall on your chest, well, I think you might get a change at killing yourself...
Jumping from 25m flat on water is kinda the same a jumping from 10m on concrete...

"Base Ethics" What a crock a shit.

That's what's great about this country. People who don't give a shit about others, like yourself, are free to do what they like.

BSBD, happy jumps.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

ypu know whats even better? judgemental people, who make assumptions about others, thier intent, or thier actions based entierly upon keystrokes on internet forums, are free to add useless commentary of thier own...

bdbs, shitty jumps and carnage....

based entierly upon keystrokes on internet forums

Speaking of assumptions.....

ypu know whats even better? judgemental people, who make assumptions about others, thier intent, or thier actions based entierly upon keystrokes on internet forums...

I'm assuming then, that you've met both JP and Shane? Or are you basing your judgment on their posts here?

I'm pretty sure that they are both originally Northern California jumpers. This leads me to conclude that their knowledge of each other is probably based on a little more than posts on this or other internet forums.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

no.. i was more making a point about the general state of affairs here on the cyberbasezone....

You mean how 95% of it is just all of us having "virtual verbal diarrhea" and blowing our collective ego loads diarrhea cyber-wherever on the interwebthingy?

Yeah, I'll buy that.

;)

Edit: 'cause da stoopid interwebthingy don't spell good fer me.

At the end of the day the question wasn't answered. Let's say you have an object just over 100 ft and the landing zone is made out of diamond (the hardest I could think of). Would a Tard see you down safely?

I think that when you are playing at altitudes that low (100') you're going to see some pretty big variance depending on jumper and gear size, too.

Take a big ole fat guy like me, and put him under an unvented 310, and he's likely to femur or worse. Take a skinny little guy like Chad, put him under a well vented 200 with a ZP topskin, and he's likely to come away ok.

And then there's the technique you bring to the jump, which is a whole other set of variables.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

At the end of the day the question wasn't answered. Let's say you have an object just over 100 ft and the landing zone is made out of diamond (the hardest I could think of). Would a TARD set you down safely?

Honestly, I think there are a few people in the world that could do this. But given your limited experience I think people will hesitate to admit this, for fear that you might try something stupid.

Don't do it, but if you decide otherwise; make sure you get video!

I was answering to safely and that answer is NO! There's nothing safe about jumps under 100'

There are a couple people who can pull off this type of jump (and I watched a jump like this), but the people who are pulling this off, aren't asking questions on an internet forum about how to do it.

But given your limited experience I think people will hesitate to admit this, for fear that you might try something stupid.

You guys worry too much. I'm not braindead.

I was answering to safely and that answer is NO! There's nothing safe about jumps under 100'

Fair enough, I think I can agree with that. Certainly I agree that it wouldn't be safe if I tried it. It'd be stupid.

Then again, I'm a pretty stupid guy... :P

There are a couple people who can pull off this type of jump (and I watched a jump like this), but the people who are pulling this off, aren't asking questions on an internet forum about how to do it.

And this I agree with too.

However, I am getting a little tired of holding back information from people. It's not you in particular, but it's a trend I've noticed for a while. By all means we should keep people away from objects and gear if we can. But when they do ask a question, I've always found it's better to tell them the whole honest story than to give a mysteriously short answer in the hope they'll go away.

In other words, "It has been done by a select number of extremely skilled people, but you need a lot of training, knowledge and preparation to do it the least not-safe possible way." is going to be more useful than "You will certainly die if you do that."

Again, this is not directed at you in particular, but more towards a growing trend I've seen.

I tend to agree with you about sharing information, but what's with all the interest in super low jumps lately? The questions are seemign to come from people that have absolutely no business doing any type of BASE jump.

I think there's a difference between an experienced jumper, with experience in the rapid-fire paced world of BASE, asking how to explore the possibility of doing these jumps, and a person who is just curious.

The information would be posted for anyone to read so it really doesn't make a difference as far as information dissemination is concerned, but why all the low stuff from no-timers?

...but why all the low stuff from no-timers?

No idea to be honest, but I think your observation is true...

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day the question wasn't answered. Let's say you have an object just over 100 ft and the landing zone is made out of diamond (the hardest I could think of). Would a TARD set you down safely?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I think there are a few people in the world that could do this. But given your limited experience I think people will hesitate to admit this, for fear that you might try something stupid.

DEJAVU mate:P i do rember just a few months back when a person in here asked about doing TARDs off 180´whith out experience in thouse hights..:D:):D

Just picking at you mate:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber