Gaper

My most memorable Jump?

I don't know, can you have a most memorable jump? I have a best snowboarding run. A best kayaking run. A best mountain Hike. A best whitewater rafting trip. Best Motorcycle ride. Even a best day at work ( I wasn't there). But a best BASE jump? Was it 10 tower jumps in one night dusk till dawn or "leaning tower" my first cliff jump? I don't think I could say one particular jump was the best. It's like sex, the worst I ever had was fantastic! What do you think?
Go forth now, to the promised lands, and swear much unto each other, with mighty profanity and many personal attacks. T.A.

Hopefully in 3 weeks, when I come visit your dumb ass and you can finally get me off a 'B'.

Or was it that jump that we 'intented' to do near Canyonlands NP where it was 25mph wind. Damn NPS that day.

Hanne Svenson (Norway) and I found about 25 exit points in Moab a few years ago. New cliffs are always memorable.

Actually, now that I'm thinking of it, Hanne and I went to D_y canyon in Moab and it was my 100th jump. We started hiking at 8am and we found 5 jumps and we finally decided to jump at 5pm, near sunset, wicked dehydrated and yada, yada, yada.

Found the jump, The T_rc_. I went first, and wouldnt you know my first 170!! Still here!

-
Clint MacBeth
Skydive Moab 435 259 JUMP
M.O.A.B. Mother Of All Boogies Sept 19 - 23, 2012

how was your jump there?
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

The most recent one, jump #570:)
Jason

It is cuz you tried to drink all the alcohol in Caracas! Glad you made it home!:P

control tower at intercontental airport, Houston, 1995.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

That had to be my last one, Saturday. I was with friends (both old and new) at a huge tower with an elevator. The elevator stopped at 1010' and Shaun went first. Then a hunter showed, so Bryan and I waited for him to at least point his truck the other way. Bry used his time constructively, climbing another 150 feet, while I hung out and enjoyed the view.

About 20 minutes later, the hunter headed away. I gave my count and pushed off, head high and chest out. Quiet surrounded me, then the wind built, giving me something to push against. I swept my arms back and pointed my toes into a track, looking down at a 20-foot angled chunk of aluminum, making sure I passed it with plenty of room. I watched the ground get closer, seeing my buddies looking up. I paused a moment and thought of my pack job, then tossed at what I thought was a reasonable compromise between confidence and worry (and turned out to be 7 seconds.)

One second later, I had a gold and black canopy over my head, precisely on heading. One turn into the wind and I landed on the dirt road. I watched Bryan jump, track and wait for his toss until I could tell he still had something caught in his teeth from breakfast. We got one more load up, but had trouble with the elevator. Back to town for spare parts and on Sunday, Peter (the only one in our band of brothers who missed the Saturday loads) got his jump. I'll let him tell about jumping from above the clouds.