pope

yo! Bridge Day DVDs

True to our word, Triax Productions has managed to get the Bridge Day 2005 DVD finished and delivered by Christmas!

Those of you who have already ordered your DVD, it should be arriving by mid-week next week.

For those of you who haven’t purchased your BD ’05 DVD yet, you have a bit of time still to pick one up in time to stuff a stocking on Xmas day with it. Place your order by Saturday morning at 10, and we’ll be able to deliver it in time for Christmas!

Please visit the Triax web page to order and find out a bit more about it.

This year’s DVD gives you about two and a half hours of edited footage, complete with bonus sections!

If you made your first jump at Bridge Day this year, this DVD is a must have! A separate section with all the first timer jumps, [roughly] categorized by jump time catches your exit, freefall, opening, and canopy ride/landing. A great way to keep your first ever BASE jump in your memory forever!
Of course, there is the “boogie edit” as well, covering the highlights, lowlights ;^) beauty, daring, and ahem…[I]Carnage[/I]. We made sure that the boogie edit doesn’t exclude the flat n’ stable or run-of the-mill gainers, but believe me, it doesn’t exclude some of the crazy stuff that went on there either, from the Mr. Bert to the double Lundy to some idiot collapsing his canopy into the water from about 100’,;) we got it all.

Thanks everyone for making this year’s Bridge Day one to remember!!
Cheers,
pope

Even though I was there for the whole thing, even though I was behind the scenes, in front of the scenes and sometimes next to the scenes.(which is good on some occasions).

With all that said, I just got done watching this DVD for the 7th time in the last three days. Its a good one boys and girls.

Along with the Lumber Jack Club and other crazy assortments there is pure fun to be had.

Soon to be announced will be the rules for the BD 2005 DRINKING GAME.

Stay posted. Order today!

Kenyon
www.triaxproductions.com

hmmm.. wonder who collapsed his canopy 100' of the water?;)

glad your allright

no worse/ less worse than the guy I saw at TF that cut away at 75-100ft
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

hmmm.. wonder who collapsed his canopy 100' of the water?;)

glad your allright

I dunno, but what a friggin' LOSER! After that, he should have not been allowed to BASE jump until DECEMBER!!!
(BTW--That clip can be found here for the bigger version or here for the itty bitty version)

Damn fast, mine arrived today...

I didn't get my first skydive video'd, but I was lucky to have Triax video my first BASE. Effin' fantastic video. You guys made my holiday. Cheers.

Damn fast, mine arrived today...

I didn't get my first skydive video'd, but I was lucky to have Triax video my first BASE. Effin' fantastic video. You guys made my holiday. Cheers.

Glad to have been apart of it. Thanks for the support and Happy Holidays!

Rules for the drinking game as soon as everyone has their DVDs.

Kenyon

True to our word, Triax Productions has managed to get the Bridge Day 2005 DVD finished and delivered by Christmas! .....

Thanks everyone for making this year’s Bridge Day one to remember!!
Cheers,
pope

Well I'd just like to say thanks to Pope and everyone at Triax ...

True to their word i recieved a copy of the bridgeday DVD today ...

BEFORE XMAS ...

Not bad considering that they had to ship it to the UK as well ...

Well done guys !!!

:)

Chris,
Got the Video and it's great. You all did a really good job. None of my jumps made it but oh well.

Hey Jaap (the Media Whore) :P you got a cameo belaying on the "pendulator". Can I have an autograph?:D
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

ahoy... got my copy today, and as far as im concerned, you can have it back....

i guess because i didnt do

a) my first jump :)b) an aerial, :S, or
c) something fucking stupid and nearly die,B|

then for 50 dollars i dont get to see video of my jumps.

which is lame..because once upon a time all (99%) of the jumps were included in the final edit...

or the wildcard..
d) a "cork" while listening to an ipod.. which is apparently cool enough to warrant 3 different cuts... guess i should have bought a t-stake...:(

It's always been the goal of the Bridge Day Video Crew to capture each and every jump on video. Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone else did not see themselves on the DVD? I have not had the chance to watch it yet, but as a jumper and organizer, I believe the most important thing is capturing every jump on video.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I agree with you pretty lame for $50....I guess we need to bring in a new video crew next year....The shirts they sold were even worse. One wash and mine went from an XL to a small and I even washed it in cold water. TRIAX Should be called TRIAGAIN...

Lame as well. Wasted $50. Someone should get a poll going whether it was worth the money or a waste since a MAJORITY of jumpers did not make any of the footage.

I went to my first BD four years ago and paid the $50 bucks for a dvd to see my first jump. I watched the entire DVD once and put it on the shelf.

Reason: While it was cool to see my jumps it was like watching them on the viewfinder of my buddies camera with someone blaring random music in the background over the car stereo.

Clarification: BD DVDs have been shot and edited to show each and every jump. Triax instead has tried to take the DVD in a new direction with thought process to the organization, feel, edit, story telling and love of the BD DVDs. We made sure to use the best staff, with the best skills, cameras and equipment. Unfortunatly, it is not possible to capture 100% of the market for purchase of the DVDs. We made a financial decision to not lose money this year and only edit one DVD which had all the above story and feel. We picked the people that were doing their first jump to have a section because those were the ones that tend to buy the DVD more often. I know Jason does not do BD to make money, but he certainly does not do it to lose money.

Solution: While we try to do all we can to be "all things to all people" its just impossible. I personally am very proud of this product and the other products that Triax Productions produces. Triax puts many many hours into BD to produce a product that we can stand behind.

I guess now is the time for the masses to speak. If you would like a straight DVD with just: Jump - Freefall- Canopy - Landing -Jump - Freefall- Canopy - Landing-Jump - Freefall- Canopy - Landing -Jump - Freefall- Canopy - Landing then speak now.

or

To try and continue the evolution on BASE documentation, shooting angles, and editing love creativeness.

Triax Productions will listen to your comments.

Kenyon Salo
www.triaxproductions.com

To try and continue the evolution on BASE documentation, shooting angles, and editing love creativeness.

The Bridge Day video is a historical record, not a "base video," per se. People buy other base videos to see unusual or themed jumps or to see what their friends are doing or to see what's new. They buy the Bridge Day video as a memento of the year's biggest base boogie, as well as to see themselves jumping.

You should've have warned people that you were going for "artistic" this year. It really wasn't fair to let people find out their jumps weren't on the DVD after they bought it.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

well heres one....

where is the jon drgan/bill bird ash jump?

i would think that would have made the cut...

seeing as that will never happen again...

Neither my jump buddy or myself were on the DVD but I did enjoy the video. I guess the only reason I don’t care is because my buddy videoed my two jumps (including my first aerial) from the platform. My dad had the same video as myself but was a first timer so he was on the DVD.

I also greatly enjoyed the interview with NickD and the El Cap stories. “We thought we could freefall low enough and be fine………WE WERE WRONG! ”

I do agree with avenfoto though, “where is the jon drgan/bill bird ash jump? I would think that would have made the cut...”

Coco

You should've have warned people that you were going for "artistic" this year. It really wasn't fair to let people find out their jumps weren't on the DVD after they bought it.

Well, I must admit to a certain amount of embarrassment here, because I was not paying attention.

And apparently, I'm not the only one.

I still believe that the video should be a historical record; however, if Triax explained what they were planning to do (and they did--on Friday and on Saturday), it's not their fault that some people weren't following along.

What Tom said in the poll thread is true: the BD video has always been the subject of whining. Will (RIP, darlin') used to take a lot of shit for everything about which it was possible to bitch and then some.

But if these guys told everyone (the Friday meeting was mandatory, remember?) what they intended to do, the only point open to debate that I can see is what the video should be next time, not what it is this time.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

It was my first jump from the bridge and after watching it 10 times no sign of me but I saw you more than once...Maybe what you need is some competition next year...maybe with out the monopoly you'll try harder....and not having the Bill Bird Jump....Well that should be a crime....Hope you made lots of money.

I guess the only reason I don’t care is because my buddy videoed my two jumps (including my first aerial) from the platform.

thats the bad thing about wanting to shoot video,
tons of cool footage of my friends........

and none of me:(

its true, they did tell everyone what they were planing. so if your like me, and you did your 9th, 10th, or whatever number, flat and stable, 4-5 second delay, then you shouldnt be surprised you didnt make the cut.

oh well, maybe next time;)

I'm a little confused because i never EXPECTED to be in this DVD (and i wasn't - i'm one of the flat n stables) ... I thought that this was going to be a Boogie-Style DVD and it was.

I have been to several big boogies around the world ...WFFC, Keys Boogie, Thanksgiving Boogie to name a few, at most of these events i have bought a DVD ... So far i haven't appeared in any of them ...

Do i feel ripped off ????

No ...

Usually these DVD's provide a reminder of a great time in my life, I for one will not forget the fantastic fun that i had at bridge day this year and the DVD will provide a reminder of several great days and the great bunch of people i met ... I'm happy to have paid $50 to see all those people jump and to have my memory prompted now and then by a familiar face ...

As for whether or not you like the style of the DVD ... I really think that as an editor it is an almost impossible task to make eveybody happy ... I personally like the DVD and think considering the amount of footage that Pope and the guys at Triax had to assimilate that they've done an excellent job, especially when you consider that they had it finished and delivered (to the uk in my case) within 9 weeks ...

That's some going !!!

I guess my experience of bridgeday was different .. because i could have packed and made a third jump that day (and maybe made the dvd), but instead i decided to stop and help a newbie (yes someone with even less than my 34 jumps !!!) who was having problems packing,so i left with two jumps and great memories ...

Which was fitting considering that someone else had helped me by lending me some packing gear ... Unfortunately i couldn't find them afterwards and couldn't return the clamps that they lent me ... but if you read this guys PM me and i'll buy you a beer ...

I guess that what i'm trying to say is that whilst it's nice to appear in a DVD of an event i think that suggesting that you didn't appear because the triax guys didn't try hard enough because of their "monopoly" or that they were just doing it for the money then i think you need to understand that this is a sport that almost no-one makes any money out of ... Things often end up costing far more (in financial and other senses) than they could ever generate ... Most people seem to do it because it's a calling rather than a way to make a fortune !!! :P

But then again i'm british and maybe i've got the wrong end of the stick ...

Perhaps it should be "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU PUT ME IN YOUR POXY VIDEO???" :P

... Which would of course been great if i had "starred" in it ... :P