basehoundsam

The Mr Burt ---- Hats OFF to the Canadians

That was the sickest stunt(exemplary performance) I've seen yet...... hats off team FX..........
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

Awsome, unbelievable, totally sick!!! Never see anything like it on a base jump. Great job guys.

For the benefit of those not there - care to explain what went down - and as always, video would prove it ;)

Cheers!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

For the benefit of those not there - care to explain what went down - and as always, video would prove it ;)

Cheers!

Yeah, video would be much apreciated. Aside from almost stealing my name, this guy is now one of my biggest heros. What a badass bunch of guys.

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

http://www.leisuresportsphoto.com/mp_client/pictures.asp?pagenum=14&action=viewphotos&size=fullsize&id=862201&eventid=11764

It isn't video, but click on the right arrow a few times and fill in the blanks with your imagination. This was cool to see.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

Just a educated guess from the limited info given.
exit linked/mr. bill
then here is my Questions ?
Was the exit a PCA for the 1st Canopy inflated/Out ? or was it a Go&Throw
When was the 2nd Canopy deployed prior to - the Leg-Lock, into the Down-Plane ?
was this @ BD ?
It's not as easy as it sounds. Having done some Mr.bills from a 182. Most are screwed-up @ the Exit.
So this is a pretty nifty little stunt. for a BASE jump

This awesome stunt, aerial phenom or whatever you want to call it will be available on the truely spectacular BD 2005 DVD available for shipping by Christmas 2005. We were able to get this from many different angles. And best of all the Triax T-stake made it possible.

Kenyon
www.triaxproductions.com

Exit: 1st canopy was PCA. Doing a go&throw is possible but 1) is more dangerour because of risk of tumbling (with possibly a PC in tow) and 2) consumes more altitude.

About when the 2nd canopy was deployed? I did see the jump from the bridge (and taped it) but could not really see it from that distance. It took some time before it was done which could indicate that they transition in a leg-lock took time. They could have waited however to perform the downplane above the LZ. Only themselves can really tell.

And yes, I have 2 Mr.Bills, from an aircraf.

Ronald Overdijk

Funny... an almost identical scenario happened BY ACCIDENT at the KL Tower a couple of weeks ago. Started as a PCA'd Mr. Bill to an uncommanded deployment while still hanging on... canopies started to downplane before they figured out they better go to plan B and let go. I'll let the guilty parties involved elaborate if they wish... although I think the next day one of them was running around in a tight pink T-shirt with 'FLYCHICKS' written on it... and NO, he wasn't a chick...

Since no one has really explained the jump in detail....

-Both exited the bridge Mr. Bill style with a PCA.
-After opening, Bertrand Cloutier was the one holding on and he rotated 180 degrees under the canopy pilot.
-The canopy pilot is now holding Bertrand by his legs so that Bertrand is upside down with his chest to the front.
-Bertrand deploys his canopy, which opens perfectly.
-Since their legs are locked, they go into a downplane for about 3-4 seconds and release.

Very cool jump. Bertrand also jumped the "Shepard" costume last year and is featured on IMAX: Adrenaline Rush.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only