NickDG

Potato Record . . .

Relax Bryan,

Unhooking one riser isn't going to kill anyone, especially at the Perrine. I wouldn't joke about killing someone, but splashing them into the perrine on one riser would be a lot funnier than a line over that could be cleared.

Unhooking one riser isn't going to kill anyone, especially at the Perrine.

slider down, maybe not, unless the opening shock ripped the slider (is this possible) but slider off i would think that you would just streamer in, from 150-200 feet, this could very much be lethal...
(or am i missing something here?)

You're not missing much. Go do a planned breakaway using a 3 parachute rig out of an airplane.

Use a big 7 cell canopy and unhook one riser in flight. It's not a docile canopy by any means at that point. It spirals like crazy.

I've never seen a canopy deployed with one riser detached but I can't imagine it's very tame.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I've never seen a canopy deployed with one riser detached but I can't imagine it's very tame.

It is shown on "Break Away" video. Billy Weber deploys with one riser already detached (to simulate a broken riser). It was not violent or spining. Kind of like a "snivel mal", but with one shoulder way higher that the other.

At least 3 base jumpers have had broken and/or released 1 riser and lived to tell the tail. Its not going to be pretty to land on hard earth, but over water it would be no big deal.

but over water it would be no big deal

Only if you have the right body position....
I have seen first hand in my cliff jumping days (no rig involved) how an 80' drop into water can kill you (hit the river on his back, and just floated down stream [:/].....)
It's an amazing smack...:|

Take a 125' into water with out hitting just perfect and you'll see. unless you break the water tension with your feet (shoes on...B|) you'll be freakin hurtin if your lucky.......
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Last I heard..........
Miles D was working on his 53rd jump.......... with 6-7 hours to go.
He did a 7-way for the 50th.
mostly all have been slider down............
They (the pack hands) have a "special" slider up rig set aside for him.

GO MILES GO!

He hit fifty about 5:30 pm. Right now he's gunning for 60, or in his words "Mt. Everest Baby."

He's been pounding out double gainers and the like. A reporter asked him to go flat and stable on his fifth jump, he's refusing to do any jumps without an aerial.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage

Good job miles...keep up the good work!

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ

Miles Dasher! THE WORLD'S GREATEST BASE JUMPER!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I hope somone is there to stop him cuz it sounds like will just keep going and going and going!
Great job Miles! ADD or whatever..you are definately not AVERAGE and alot of children are better off because you are who you are!

Whats the final # anyone?

Alan

update............
As of 8:30 last night in twin, Miles had to stop jumping due to high winds and some rain.
He ended up with 57 jumps.

GOOD JOB MILES D!

Damn way to go Miles! B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon