skidmark

Anyone jump in Australia???

Hi, I am wondering if I can go to see anyone jump in Australia. Long story short = I'm from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I will be down under from September 05 to January 06, both working and travelling (mainly in melbourne), and I have never seen anyone do this, but I really want to. I plan to do some skydiving when I get there, and I really want to see someone jump a fixed object.

I dunno if there are lots of these kind of posts up here, but I figured I'd ask...

If anyone thinks I'm full of shit (a troll), well I'm not. I just wanna watch right now.... right now I just stunt motorbikes, so if you wanna see if I'm a scam or not just look me up on gixxer.com or bcsportbikes.com cuz I'm there a lot and some guys will vouch for me...

any info would be appreciated... thanks :)

on that note does anyone do this in Canada? if so where can I check it out?

Do you know the name "evil kenivel"(sure i spelled that wrong..)

He made a fantastic jump once over a canyon,but abborted and think got hurt pretty much.. near that place theres a bridge were people jump off all the time:P its in Idaho;)Its beeing jumped all day long...

only use the above incase noone contacts you:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

This web site has multiple search functions that can easily answer those questions. Did you try searching this forum, or the user listings?

...Australia.

Go here.

Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Locations are often listed in the user profile. Some folks from various places have even posted other contact information.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

yes I tried the search... but i got nothing very useful. Thanks for the info :)

when I get back I might ride to check out that bridge too

I pretty sure that there arn't any jumpers in Australia. Why would anyone want to jump there? I don't even think there is a jumpable object on the whole continent. Unchartered territory. Maybe some people should get together and take a trip down under to see if there is anything jumpable.;)

Bryan

Why would anyone want to jump there?

C'mon...what with all the charmingly large and open landing areas they have there? ;) The cool, calm [croc-filled] waters for swooping? You're outta your mind.

-C.

I pretty sure that there arn't any jumpers in Australia. Why would anyone want to jump there? I don't even think there is a jumpable object on the whole continent.

OZ Base jumpers are the best,
there is plenty of objects, probably atleast 20,000 150 foot clifs :P
I actually have a 330ft smoke stack literaly over my back fence;)
although not everyone in australia has 1 of these

if your in melbourne realise that there isnt many big mountains near there, there is some objects, but wether you'll find any jumpers that'll allow ya to actually go watch them jump melbourne objects might be a little hard to find.

Arent most aussie jumpers overseas atm. It seems that way sometimes.

Staying home in Australia to BASE jump is a bit like staying home in Moscow in January to sunbathe. You could do it, but why?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

like staying home in Moscow in January to sunbathe. You could do it, but why?

cheap boose,goodlooking girls:P
sorry to i had to... now delete my post as it were to pick on you personaly:P:D(soon as you read this my post has served its point)..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I pretty sure that there arn't any jumpers in Australia. Why would anyone want to jump there? I don't even think there is a jumpable object on the whole continent.

if your in melbourne realise that there isnt many big mountains near there, there is some objects, but wether you'll find any jumpers that'll allow ya to actually go watch them jump melbourne objects might be a little hard to find.

IS the gramps any good?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

the grampions has 1 crappy 200feet cliff. that i know of.

Life is Great. Even Greater what we do with it.

Australia could have plenty of 1500 foot S's if someone has some cables
that are 1 mile or 2 long, there is actually heaps of 1500ft + mountains that are right next to each other all accross the country,
the issue is most are lucky to have 100 foot cliffs on them

A lot are, but if you wait until after Benne and KL events, a lot will be back home.;)
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

Wow, I wouldn't have thought that.

Not that this is a guide by any means to gauge if something is jumpable or not, but...

http://www.chockstone.org/Gallery/TaipanWallPics.htm

or these!

http://www.mck.com.au/users/brett/images_ta/12Apostles03.jpg

Just so we're all clear, neither of these spots are as high as they may look (and the 12 apostles are I do believe heritage listed) ... Just as a point of possible interest (from a non-jumping but interested third party - me) Qurank.com had a recent thread on the highest cliffs in QLD ... not sure if it is good form to post it here (lots of sites named ya see).

guess ya can PM me if you're interested.

peace
Because it's there - Mallory

I believe the 12 apostles is down to fewer then 8
as they occasionally collapse