Skolls081102

Great building for BASE!!!!

Ok, I was going to post a picture of what appears to be an incredible BASE building (but that I guess would be a no no). All I can say, is that I was watching a show about Tennis, and they were showing Andre Agassi (and another guy) playing tennis on a court that is about 800-900 feet in the air. It's built onto a hotel. It looks like a friggin incredible BASE site. Anyone know about this building, or if anyone has jumped it?
If I can post a pic (which I'm sure I can't) let me know. It is an incredible sight.

Edit to add: If I can't post the pic, and somebody wants to see it, I'd be more than happy to PM it.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Yep..the b.a.a ....nice.....landing on the sandy beach....you could even jump inside it...although you would have to have big Cahoona's... I hear what is to be the worlds tallest building is being constructed nearby .......nicer.

G ;)

Does that mean that this building has been jumped? As soon as I saw it, my first thought was "Damn, that's an incredible BASE platform."
And if it has been jumped, anyone have video of it?

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

There was a video of what I think is the building you are referring to a little while ago.

Don't forget which country it's in - read older posts - it's a bit military there from what has been said.

It has been jumped
the winds there are pretty nasty most of the time.
you have to open high to make the beach.
that city is the las vegas of that part of the world.
and you do not want to get caught especially with a us passport at this time. Take some extra sheets with you if you want to blend in with the locals. facial hair will also help.

have a gowaylow day
Have a GoWayLow day
Naked BASE #7

Actually, you would be surprised how many americans are in that area. Pretty much all KBR military contracted employees in the middle east go there for R&R. The building is in the city of Dubia and is the worlds only 6 or 7 star hotel. Good luck getting in. I have heard that the only way in the front door is in the hotels private vehicals that pick you up. But if your into the hooker thing that city is apperently the place to go.

Bryan

Dubia and is the worlds only 6 or 7 star hotel. Good luck getting in. I have heard that the only way in the front door is in the hotels private vehicals that pick you up. But if your into the hooker thing that city is apperently the place to go.

Bryan

So, Basically your saying you couldn't get in the hotel ..but you had a good time in town anyway.:P
~J;)
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Ahh yes... scoped this one out from 20,000 feet with a FLIR pod on my Tomcat while on deployment in the Persian Gulf. No kidding it would be the coolest B I've ever seen to throw in the logbook! As far as getting in... dress like you're there for a multi-million dollar sales conference (slacks and button-down shirt absolute minimum), plus there is an approx $75 dollar entrance fee if you're not a guest, but in return you receive a voucher for the same amount in services/drinks/meals/etc... basically they don't want freeloaders showing up. Showing up with some of the local Dubai ex-pats would definitely be the way to go, as they make enough coin out here to frequent the place regularly... oh yeah, if you're thinking about getting a room, rumor on the street is they start at $5,000 a night.
I think I've got a cool FLIR still of it somewhere... If anyone's interested I'll try and dig it up.

Go Way Low,

You going to be at BD? Missed you last year...Hope to see ya there!

SpecialKaye
Theee Girl Pig!

Whats an FLIR?

Forward looking infra red. IIRC
Basicly it is i.r. imaging sistem.

Oooooooooooo- now I get it. That would be a pretty interesting pic- so if you feel like digging it up.....