skyyhi

Stupid Mirage Question

WARNING. . .Newbie idiot question here. Can someone please explain their harness sizing to me. . .the example that comes to mind is

16.5/18 +3

I have yet to be able to understand this. . .HELP!
FGF #6
Darcy

16.5 is Main Lift Web length
18 is leg strap length
+3 is stabilizer length (plus 3 from standard length)

Most of our rental Mirages are 19 19 +1
Our smaller rental Mirages are 16 17 Std.

If you are looking for a used Mirage, you can get measured, call Mirage and they can tell you what size range you should be looking for....

Mike
ChutingStar.com

WARNING. . .Newbie idiot question here. Can someone please explain their harness sizing to me. . .the example that comes to mind is

16.5/18 +3

I have yet to be able to understand this. . .HELP!

That is by far NOT a "newbie idiot question"!

I've been in the sport for nearly 4 years, am an instructor, know a good deal about gear and stuff, but I've never heard of it either. I learned something very cool tonight as well.

Never think that your questions may be a "newbie idiot question"!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thank you, thank you, thank you. . .

I am looking to buy my own gear when my income tax money comes in and I was SOOOO curious about that because I didn't see it on any other container sizing charts. . .

Whew. . .I feel better. . .lol
FGF #6
Darcy

That is by far NOT a "newbie idiot question"!

I've been in the sport for nearly 4 years, am an instructor, know a good deal about gear and stuff, but I've never heard of it either. I learned something very cool tonight as well.

Never think that your questions may be a "newbie idiot question"!

Yeah, I don't have those qualifications, but I didn't know either. I guessed the MLW part, but that's it. And, my wife just ordered a new G4, now I'll know. Good question, good info.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. . .

I am looking to buy my own gear when my income tax money comes in and I was SOOOO curious about that because I didn't see it on any other container sizing charts. . .

Whew. . .I feel better. . .lol

Income tax money comes in?? :o

Good question. I was curious about what those numbers meant, never asked because these numbers did'nt come up when I ordered a new Mirage.

You can read about the measurements that you need to fill in on a custom rig order form here. I think having these measurement numbers handy might help the guys at Mirage give you better advise on what size harness would fit you best.

Edited to add : I am assuming you are trying to buy one from stock/Pre-owned?

Edited to add : I am assuming you are trying to buy one from stock/Pre-owned?

Yes I am looking at a used container. . .and thanks. . .I printed out the order form and will have the gal at Ground Zero measure me this weekend when I am there. The info you all gave will help me tremendously. . .
FGF #6
Darcy