freeflyfree

Help with Student Naro Container

Hey guys!, I need to buy a reserve Freebag and pilot chute for a Student naro container, I already wrote to aerodyne and am waiting to see if they have it for sale, anyway if they don't have it ,do you know what freebag from what other manufacturer might fit in it? I remember somebody saying that they look kind of like vector 2s please any help will be appreciated...

Thanks

Felipe
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

I already wrote to aerodyne and am waiting to see if they have it for sale,

They had better have it! I mean, they really really should.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

if aerodyne doesn't have it i'll e-mail my buddy that used to work for PISA, and see what he might be able to do (dominic hayhurst, works for aerodyne now). he may know where some are in SA

Thanks guys, I'll give a call to aerodyne tomorrow and I'll see what they say.

Felipe
--
Blue Skies

anyway if they don't have it ,do you know what freebag from what other manufacturer might fit in it? I remember somebody saying that they look kind of like vector 2s please any help will be appreciated...

Nope. The freebag on a Naro is quite different from anything else I've seen. I've only packed a Naro twice, and it's been a while, but I think I recall that the freebag actually incorporates a kicker plate for the reserve pc. I don't know of any other manufacturers that do that. Vector2 freebag definitely wont do.

I recall that the freebag actually incorporates a kicker plate for the reserve pc

you are right it does have that kicker plate, lets see what aerodyne says...thanks for posting.
--
Blue Skies

First step should be asking Aerodyne South Africa, since they are the original manufacturer.
The second step would require finding a similar-sized freebag from a Vector I, Vector II or Talon I, then convincing a Master Rigger to sew in a kicker plate. Most Master Riggers will only do the sewing if they have an original NARO freebag to copy.
Master Riggers are allowed to substitute similar TSOed components, but it is a complicated process, especially when PISA was the only company that sewed kicker plates into their freebags.