gazzoom

Tracking position

Please go to www.basekjerag.com and read all the pages. There are some specific guidelines there that you MUST know before arriving at Kjerag, such as "skydiving gear is not allowed, you must you BASE-specific gear at Kjerag and Smellveggen". If you really prefer a 2 parachute system, the Scorcerer is the only one you will be allowed to use there.

Please note, people, that Stein Edvardsen has put a LOT of work into creating the baseKjerag website to help people come to Norway informed and prepared. Please take the time to read the website fully and contact Stein or Vibeke with any questions you may have AFTER reading the website thoroughly. I'm amazed at the amount of people that go over there without doing their homework. Just yesterday a man came by the shop and said he was going to Norway in June, and wanted a POD for his skydiving rig....

Peace...
K

because he knows Ed and sees him at the DZ all the time.

I dont know him Tom.

I do know Timmy (Hookiit) though. ;)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I wonder if anyone has tried just the bottom of a prodigy yet?

I was wondering about that too.. B|

Wouldn't you be more likely to be head low, having all that lift at the rear though ? [:/]

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

What kind of pantz are you referring to?

I'm guessing by the spelling that you've got the Birdman ones?

Truthfully, I'd say booties are probably better than those things. But a real pair of tracking pants (even home made) works way better for me than booties.

I wonder if anyone has tried just the bottom of a prodigy yet?

Yes, I'm referring to the BirdMan Pantz. At it's best they equal the performance you get with booties, but many times they don't inflate at all giving no extra boost. I'm talking about BASE here, but on skydives they always inflate. I guess the sudden terminal wind in skydiving make them inflate easier.

The modifications I made was very simple but made all the difference. I put small booties on, that gave the Pantz stability from the toes and up. I also closed most of the lowerleg inlets. I've found (by playing around with smokepants) that too large lowerleg inlets don't work, it's like putting a PC on each leg, it will inflate but not help the track. And last, I put a really small wing between the legs, just enough to help spread the fabric of the legs giving a wider and more stable surface.

As stated earlier, these small modifications made the Pantz hot! B| If I was the kind of guy that takes it all the way down, like Atle and the guys ;), I probably would have opened at the edge of the main landing area (talking about Kjerag here), but since I'm old and slow I had to pull a little higher... :)
/Micke

but since I'm old and slow

I saw enough in Lukas's movies to know that neither of those is true. Team Bautasten still rules. :)

I`d track away and open high like 700+m.

you must be one hell of a tracker then;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber