iiro

The new world's deepest cave opened!

Congratulations to Jeb, Douggs and Paul Fortun for being the first base-jumpers to jump the Tianking -Cave in China!

We are still travelling for another two weeks and i'll post more detailed info, after we'll get back to Shanghai.

Now it is karaoke time! :)

Congrats indeed.

Now it is karaoke time! :)

"Karaoke", which few people know is actually Mandarin for "impossible situp". ;)

-C.

Nice one indeed! Congratulations. BTW, the real name is Tiankeng.

http://www.newmarkadventure.com/

Up 2 the next site!

Ronald Overdijk
www.liveskyproductions.nl

how deep ?

also was this government sponserd kinda thing ?
like did they know it was happening ? and whats the laws of base in china ?

DID THEY WINGSUIT THE CAVE ?? KINDA INDOOR WINGSUITING :o
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

how deep ?

Google is your friend. I found this
Diameter at top: 622 meters
Diameter at bottom: 522 meters
Depth: 666 meters

Just google for Tiankeng Cave

Can't wait to see a video of those jumps :)Thijs

DID THEY WINGSUIT THE CAVE ?? KINDA INDOOR WINGSUITING :o

I couldnt imagine a wing suit being able to circle that sharply.
any wing suit flyers here confirm that or can they actually turn half ok ?

We just got back to Shanghai!

Many people PM'd me asking questions about the cave. In order to save time, i rather give all the requested information here.

I was already corrected about the name. The correct name for the Cave is "The Tiankeng Cave - The Heavenly Pit" and it is located close to Xiaozhai village in the mountains of Difeng.

Our crew of eleven flew from Shanghai into a smaller village in the middle of China and then continued for three days on Yangtze -river. Along the way, we saw so many suitable cliffs and bridges for base-jumping, that we stopped counting. China truly is a virgin territory and a person could jump one object a day for several years and not having to do the same one twice.

Where as the Hole in Mexico gets bigger the more delay you take, The Heavenly Pit gets smaller. The jumpers had awesome visuals and their POV shots looked amazing!

All three jumpers launched from a cable, which has been placed across the Cave. The cable was used in a high wire act a few years ago.

Jeb (full twisting triple back) and Douggs did three jumps into it and Paul Fortun did two.

The landing area must have been the most hard-core i have ever seen. It is HD even in Australian standards (ask Douggs). The jumpers had to avoid powerlines, class five rapids and boulderfield of death at the bottom. This is NOT a jump for most jumpers.

We got a permit to jump the cave from the company which owns the land around it and they where very supporting to us.

The jumpers also did a few more jumps from other cliffs, in near by.

The expedition was filmed in High Definition format. The one hour documentary movie will be called "Journey to the Center" and it will be done by the end of 2005.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Greetings from Miami...just finished half a bottle of Stoli and having a blast!

Excellent work!

Jorge

All three jumpers launched from a cable, which has been placed across the Cave. The cable was used in a high wire act a few years ago.

Congratulations to all involved.

Does jumping off a cable make it a pure BASE jump? Or is that an O?

Kris.