pBASEtobe

New Tall Structure

Ooooohhhh, this looks cool!B|

I couldn't jump it but someone else...?
Too bad it's in a park![:/]

420', 0-120 in 4 sec., 90 degree twist going up, 270 degree twist going down.

Too bad it's in a park![:/]

Are you sure it's a bad thing? ;)

They might be interested in demo jumps as an attraction :)
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

I've ridden it.....it's pretty cool. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Go ahead and put in a proposal, Russel . . .

There's precedent for this sort of thing, and it looks like you'd even get a ride to the top.

In the summer of 1995 Theresa Tran made a pitch to Six Flags Magic Mountain outside Los Angeles, and much to everyone's surprise they accepted it. The very morning the park opened for the season found us legally perched on the Skytower. The patrons, mostly teenagers, are all gathered around the tower, as the rides wouldn't start operating until after the show.

The PA announced the jumps and Todd S., Anne H. (now C.), Dave B, and Theresa all made 2-second freefalls before landing in a very small grass area. All, except Theresa, she landed in a tree. The kids watching didn't see it as any different from the live action shows the park had staged in the past. As cool as that was it's the preceding week that was the kicker.

We had full access to the tower for a full week before opening day after we told them we had to, "rehearse." I'll never forget those mornings we pulled up to the gate and told the guard we were the BASE jumpers and they said, "Good morning, come on in!"

The ride workers spent the same week getting all the park's coasters ready for opening day and they showed a lot of interest in what we were doing. They were sending the roller coasters around filled with sand bags, but when asked they said sure and we also rode around and around as many times as we wanted. I'll never forget being on one of the coasters that loops just hoping the sand bags would stay in place.

After the success of the jumps, and with good referrals from the Six Flags Corporation, Theresa planned to get this going in other amusement parks, but she died BASE jumping that Christmas . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Does anyone else think it looks like a melted antenna? especially the first pic.

Ha I was actually thinking about jumping that sittin in class today (after I get back from my BASE course this summer). I was wondering what it would be considered since it seems more like an A than a B. I've gone on that like 5-6 times in the last 2 years and everytime I think about jumping off the top. It would be quite a bit easier to get up on the coaster they made the year before though to replace the magnum. U just jump a fence and run up the stairs on the side and could be at the top in about 3 minutes if you were a fast runner and in good shape. Then you just jump in the water and have a friend in a boat take you away. Its on the very edge of the park so I don't think there would be a problem getting away.

i would like to get a maintain job there he he

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

we should all pitch into a paypal account and have a traveling A...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...