rfarris

Turkey Boogie!

I think it is much more likely that the short delay was the primary reason for this near bounce.

No way. The delay was not incorrect, The Multi hanging up on the rubber band was the problem. What you say there suggests that every delay less than one second is in question. In my opinion, the tow *probably* would have happened even with a 1 1/2 second delay. If you watch the vid, it clearly towed for over 3 seconds so even a 1 1/2 second delay very likely wouldn't have provided enough snatch force to clear the stowed Mutli. It's unclear to me after reading drides post in the rubberbands thread whether it was stowed too deeply or not. As I heard it from the owner of the rig, it was stowed 1/2 inch however, he may have been more clear with dride. Either way, the delay was not the issue.

Take note that the container was already open when the PC was in tow. The container would have opened with a 0 second delay.

I spoke wiith an eyewitnesss to this incident, ( an eyewitness that showed good sense to walk down from the site because he was uncomfortable with prevailing wind conditions

Is there any correlation behind your eyewitness friend who walked down and the pilot chute in tow?

I was an eyewitness as well as loads of other people. While there were some winds, the conditions didn't interfere with anyone's deployment, or canopy flight.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I was an eyewitness as well as loads of other people. While there were some winds, the conditions didn't interfere with anyone's deployment, or canopy flight.

The Winds were an issue in the jumpers decision to go hand held,(believing it would be safer) with a short delay. ( Which could have led to the possible differences in snatch force from one of their usual delays.) which would most likely have been longer.

~in responce to~:Take note that the container was already open when the PC was in tow, the container would have already been open with a 0 second delay.

But could the added snatch force of a longer delay possibly have freed the multi from the bands as well as the closing pin?
~J
just my 2¢
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

But could the added snatch force of a longer delay possibly have freed the multi from the bands as well as the closing pin?

Absolutely. However, the PC towed for a long time. This rig was configured properly, according to BR's recommendations.

If I do a go and throw, my pins will pop as soon as the PC inflates. After that, there's nothing to prevent the canopy from being pulled to linestretch.

With BASE gear, you shouldn't have to take a full second delay to ensure you don't have a PC in tow. You should be able to take whatever delay you want and expect the container to open immediately.

I think a better option, if you insist on controlling the multi, would be to put a 1 1/4" rubberband, cut in half lengthwise, around the s-folded multi bridle. Only one wrap. This will not prevent the PC from extracting the canopy, but it'll keep the multi bridle together until the inflated PC pulls it out.

Keep in mind, I don't jump BR gear or use a multi.

"While there were some winds, the conditions didn't interfere with anyone's deployment, or canopy flight."

I agree. I was third off the rock, and though there was some marginal wind, it was just that, marginal. I felt comfortable doing the manuever I did regardless of the wind, and I am a wuss, so that goes to show you, too, it wasn't real bad.

If I do a go and throw, my pins will pop as soon as the PC inflates. After that, there's nothing to prevent the canopy from being pulled to linestretch.

The weight of the canopy and the corners of the container might hold it in there for a bit. I've seen a dropped PC on a PCA result in an open container, inflated PC in tow, and canopy sitting in the pack tray for nearly a second.

With modern pin rigs, especially if you are doing things like priming pins, using slicker loops, lengthening loops, etc, that may yield looser pins, it is no longer necessarily true that the maximum extraction force requirement occurs at container opening. With some setups, you can now see canopy extraction requiring _more_ force than container opening. (Obviously, in PK's case, multi deployment required more force than container opening.)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I think a better option, if you insist on controlling the multi, would be to put a 1 1/4" rubberband, cut in half lengthwise, around the s-folded multi bridle. Only one wrap. This will not prevent the PC from extracting the canopy, but it'll keep the multi bridle together until the inflated PC pulls it out

jumping multi canopyes all the time(actualy never jumped anything else)i NEVER use rubberbands to stow the multi no matter if i sheet the multi or not.I simply nicely make s folds on the multi until it has the lenght i want to close the container.
I never had an issue whith the above,and will keep jumping it so.

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Just for clarity and curiosity sake...are the Rubberbands that stow the multi in place only there to hold it in place? (so would the weakest band that can hold it in place be the best option?)
Thanks ~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

("In the interests of keeping this a newbie thread and therefore less deeply technical...how about you and me gettin' it on sometime?

I'll be thinking of you in the men's room. "---SKINFLICKER)

Oh, Skinflicker. Youre just still mad that Jennejen stopped sending you nude photos via email. Give up on Texas, man.........
:S

Oh, Skinflicker. Youre just still mad that Jennejen stopped sending you nude photos via email. Give up on Texas, man.........

ha ha ha :PB|
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

:S

What makes you think she stopped?

I've been beatin' it like a hostage.:D:S:P:o:$
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Yes, it is possible that the added snatch force of the pilot chute after a 2 second delay could have freed the Multi sheath from the black band. For sure, 1/2 second was NOT enough snatch force to accomplish this.

This rig was configured properly, according to BR's recommendations.

This is the second time I've seen this comment. IT IS NOT A TRUE STATEMENT. I saw the rig right after the jump and it WAS NOT rigged according to BR specs. The container was rigged appropriately by the time I walked away from it, however. K

Then will you explain how the rig was set up and how this is different from what BR recommends?

[Perhaps we assume too much. Perhaps we should keep these threads on Blinc?

excellent point.

perhaps these postings should take the time to explain exactly what we / i mean without assuming a priori knowledge.

in that case, i'll back out since i 'm not really into typing.
i will be happy to discuss this ad nauseum if we ever cross paths.

be safe

kleggo

"What makes you think she stopped?

I've been beatin' it like a hostage.
$kin. "---SKINFLICKER

You know, skinny old man, just because I like you, Im gonna do you a favor. I can see you still have Jen issues, and, while I normally dont do this kind of thing on the Internet, heres Jenny's number 867-5309. Now, of
course, I dont know her personally, but I imagine youll need a houston area code. Just tell her you got her name and number off the wall, if she asks...

Now y'all have fun and solve some of that excess sexual energy.

:D

ps. skin- since Im doing you a big favor, the least you can do is find out why the hell she wears a dog collar. With a tag. According to my info that means she is a part of the S+M bondage lifestyle as a submissive and has entered a committed relationship (like marriage) with a dominant, whose name appears on the tag. But Im relying on you for the details. With pictures or video. thanks man. [:/]

ps. skin- since Im doing you a big favor, the least you can do is find out why the hell she wears a dog collar. With a tag. According to my info that means she is a part of the S+M bondage lifestyle as a submissive and has entered a committed relationship (like marriage) with a dominant, whose name appears on the tag. But Im relying on you for the details. With pictures or video. thanks man.

Nice.
No, I am not part of a S+M bondage lifestyle... sorry Dennis :P
It actually happens to be a good luck charm (long story). And it's not a tag, it's a LED light, that happens to work great for the night jumps.;)
And BTW it's a CAT collar, not a dog collar.:o:P

Love it.

Bless your heart. :)
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

Ok. So where the living hell did skin go? Hmmmmmm. Jennejen showed up. Skin vanishes. Coincidence? I think not........

Hmmmm. Must be off making another hostage video......;)

Oh yeah. PS. We want the long story, jen. Short stories are for graduate students. Bedtime stories go here: [email protected] :)

Dennis,
Looks like you & skin need to go back to sleep, so I can show back up in your dreams...:P

Dennis,
Looks like you & skin need to go back to sleep, so I can show back up in your dreams...:P

:ph34r: Yes, Mistress.

Seriously, Im old enough to be your dad. I wasnt having a go for you, I was having a go at you. But you know that, already. Anyway, the line for you has gotten way too long. My athritis couldnt handle that...

Ahhhhhh, twas not to be Cheri....I leave you to all your young men.

But the long story would have been culturally and sociologically interesting...[:/]

***Off to bed i go

Bring a raincoat.
Base 758

ha ha ha... dirty old man:PB|:ph34r:

the line for you has gotten way too long

*cough* *cough*

:)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Ok, Ok... lets stop pickin' on Jen now. :P:S:$

hehehehe;)

...men are evil >:(

Ok, Ok... lets stop pickin' on Jen now. :P:S:$

hehehehe;)

...men are evil >:(

Hey. Its not our fault that youre an awfully pretty young lady. Of course, its not your fault either, but you love the attention. Youre perfectly aware that a small crowd of young virile men have gathered, nervously eying you, and every single one is gonna remember every single word youve said here, and think about you all night long. And hope that you make your avatar bigger real soon.

In their own guy way, several guys even admitted that theyre in love with you, from Base 704 to Zennie (proud of you, man) so youre feeling pretty good right now. And in closing, let me just add that ("I can promise you two things, one, Ill always look this good, and two, Ill never give up on you")--Hellboy.

'bye Jen!

;)