Zennie

Rock Dragon Owners?

Anybody?

Anywhere?

They're in production, just not on Vertigo's web page as of yet.

I'm very seriously considering buying one and I'd like to hear some owners' impressions.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

You won't yet. The first production Rock Dragons are rolling off the line in about 2 weeks.
Jimmy P

You won't yet. The first production Rock Dragons are rolling off the line in about 2 weeks.

Heh. Looks like I'll be one of the early reviewers. B| Looking forward to getting one! I'll have my order in this week.

- Z

hmmm would love to see a review.. I'm doing the ground research for a canopy now... choices so far seem to be Troll or Flick.... I really wanted to demo whatever i could in an accuracy rig first, but that may not be an option in the near future.....

what are the design characteristics of the Rock Dragon compared to other BASE canopies??

The Rock Dragon is reportedly a "low and slow" type canopy. Vented, made to sink into bad landing areas and flare hard for soft landings on broken ground.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The Rock Dragon is reportedly a "low and slow" type canopy. Vented, made to sink into bad landing areas and flare hard for soft landings on broken ground.

That has my interest piqued.

Gardner

That cought my attention. Sounds like a great rig for base. Just out of curiosity, How much $$$ for one of those. I'm kinda new to the sport. So, I was wondering how much is a base rig in general?***Free bird Forever

Well, I'm in the process of finalizing my order right now.

Rock Dragon 266 is $1625. If you get a package deal with a Warlock, the package is $2280. I'm doing the package deal. B|

- Z

hmm 266 is what i need to fit in my Defiance...

how is the Rock Dragon measured?

a ruler? haha just kidding, not sure.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Let me go to my vault and grab some gold dabloons from one of my old trunks so I can buy a new state the art rig on a whim.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

I've not jumped the Flik, but have a bunch of jumps on Fox's, Ace & BJ with and without the composite. I have limited experience with the Troll, 6 jumps total, and loved it enough to buy it. It felt as strong in the flare as a composite BJ I jumped. I might just be a better canopy pilot now, but the way it flew and flared sold me. I had a awesome jump with one rolling on my back from 800 ft deploying at 5 seconds and still making a landing area that was really far. The thing will sink really well and glide incredibly far if you let it. I'm still shocked at the distance I can get with it.

I'd jump everything and make your own decision.