mickknutson

The BLiNC Forum has moved to the new Application...

Dear all BLiNC Members,

I am please to announce that the _NEW_ BliNC forum is ready for use. This has been a tough road to get here, but, as you will see, it is worth it.

Please go to http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/index.php to login to the new forum.

NOTE:
=====
All existing users where imported into the new forum, but zero (0) passowrds where imported. So everyone with an existing account must go to http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw to retreive a new password. There is NO way around this.
And, with almost 1,500 users, I can't manuall update your password for you. So please help me out on this one.

Please post any issues, comments and/or complaints to the "Customer Service" forum.

Thanks

From the entire BLiNC Magazine Team...

Avery Badenhop
Johnny Utah
Michael Mchale
Michelle Knutson
Mick Knutson
Tom Aeillo

and all the BLiNC supporters....
Mick Knutson
* BLiNC Magazine "Everything you ever wanted to know about Parachuting, but didn't know whom to ask."

Nice work Mick... the dates take me back a bit though. ;)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Nice work Mick... the dates take me back a bit though. ;)

I know. But hey, at least they are all 1969 ;-D

Could be a worse date.

This seems to be the only glitch on the data import so far.
Mick Knutson
* BLiNC Magazine "Everything you ever wanted to know about Parachuting, but didn't know whom to ask."

I must say.. it looks pretty good & all the links seem to work, i'm impressed anyway.

Just one more question...do you have a donation button on your site ?

The Paypal kind ?

I'm fucking winning

I have one in the Store, but there is one in this new forum, but I have yet to get it working.
That is on the list.....

Now post this to BLiNC..... ;-D

I must say.. it looks pretty good & all the links seem to work, i'm impressed anyway.

Just one more question...do you have a donation button on your site ?

The Paypal kind ?

Mick Knutson

I beat you by a full hour:P

Nice work Mick.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Damn....

Must be a time-zone thing. ;)

I'm fucking winning

hey I cant access BLiNC for some reason...........

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster

Error 404

www.blincmagazine.com
Fri 09 Jul 2004 04:59:54 AM EDT
Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

having problems

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 404
www.blincmagazine.com
Fri 09 Jul 2004 07:16:34 AM EDT
Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

bump..........................

so what do people think of the new forum?

I think it such an improvement............

take some time to play with it..............

I for one, love it... i just can't understand why nobodys using it. [:/]

I think it will pick up in time, but the change-over sort of fell on a weekend, so i suppose most people were outdoors,
I reckon it rivals this board on user-friendliness and i haven't had any log-in problems at all.

I'm fucking winning

Another thread speaks of standing behind your mates. Well, I for one appreciate Micks persistence and therefore, Im signing off of DZ.com and the BASE Zone permanentlyIt's obvious from his hard work that he cares about giving us a home of our own.

When I started base jumping 2 years ago, BLiNC was the central starting point for all my information gathering. It has an immense amount of knowledge from very experienced jumpers in the archives. A lot of whom are now dead, unfortunately. I like to honor these fallen souls by searching those archives and reading their words over and over so that I may never become too complacent or arrogant.

I think if Mick had all of our support and we collectively coughed up a little monetary help, he would be able to give us the kind of site that we all want.

BLiNC is also a place where one can go and pretty much spout out whatever you want without fear of censorship... or regular skydivers interjecting their opinions about something they dont' know about. Over there you can always just say "fug off and go back to dz.com" or something similar.

The list goes on and on but I'm gonna stop here. The bottom line is that BLiNC is a site made by a base jumper for base jumpers and Mick needs our support.

Thanks to the DZ.com staff for an awesome site but I'm outa here. I'm not boycotting dz.com, or encouraging others to, I'm just making a personal decision.

See Ya'll at BLiNC. I go by Bryan over there, wich is simply my first name.

---get the donation button working Mick.
-Bryan

I love base like a fat kid loves cake

I would post more at Blinc, except for the simple fact that all Mick's links are dead. I can't read any forums in IE or Opera browsers (404 errors!)

I think Mick can learn from the success of dz.com. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Blinc needs to stick with one particular look and feel. Web surfers like to know where everything is at. Just some constructive criticism from a friend.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I can't read any forums in IE or Opera browsers (404 errors!)

You going to the /forum rather than /forum_new? He switched it back to /forum when everything was in place.

If you are, what version of IE are you running? I'm running IE 6 on Windoze XP and it's working fine for me.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I finally got it to work.
His forum links at the main page (www.blincmagazine.com) still don't work though. I have to goto this thread just to find the link to access the BASEBoard. I'm sure he'll fix it soon enough.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

object not found

None of the pages work for me. I suspect it will be fixed soon. The new forum looked really nice.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I think I fixed most of the old forum links pointing to the new forum links. I will get more optimaztions done next week.

I finally got it to work.
His forum links at the main page (www.blincmagazine.com) still don't work though. I have to goto this thread just to find the link to access the BASEBoard. I'm sure he'll fix it soon enough.

Mick Knutson

DZ.com locks you out of your old posts after a set amount of time (6 hours? I think?). I've edited the original post to reflect the new addresses.

Thanks for all the work, Mick!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Thanks for fixing the links.
BTW, Can you go into the Customer Support Forum and edit your Description on the BLiNC Team Posting?

DZ.com locks you out of your old posts after a set amount of time (6 hours? I think?). I've edited the original post to reflect the new addresses.

Thanks for all the work, Mick!

Mick Knutson

has anyone used this link to reset their password?http://www.blincmagazine.com/.../login.php?do=lostpw

Apparently I don't have a clue what I am doing. Maybe I will just have to get a new name. It tells me that my email is not recognized. Im almost positive that my current email was the email used on my blinc account. I was pretty good at keeping it updated.

Matt Davies