Shivon

Rigging Materials

I have my hardware source sorted, but can anyone give some advice on who the better dealers are to get non-hardware materials for rigging? Ie, rolls of fabric, suspension line etc. They need to be able to handle small orders, and deal internationally.

I have been able to go direct to the manu of materials on some products, but it is hard to get small orders. you might want to hook up with other riggers and get a larger order of supplies.

good luck getting your foot in the door of some companies though.
What helped me was that I was working for the largest powered parachute manu when I made my contacts, and now I am not working there but still have "buying power"..
JT
www.greenboxphotography.com

Start by asking Parachutes Australia or Icarus if you can buy fabric out their back door.
Yes, Para-Gear may carrry a wide range of materials, but they also charge retail on small orders.
Other options include the in-house supply houses that supply major manufacturers (i.e. Packman supplies Strong Enterprises).
Then there are fabric brokers like Performance Textiles that prefer to deal in large orders.
Finally I would chat with Gelvenor Textiles (South Africa) and some of the European mills. They are probably more comfortable dealing in small orders.

Finally - out of curiousity - what are you planning to manufacture in Australia?

Hey riggers out there. I have just closed my riggng shop and have lots and lots of brand new certified webbing avalible. I have red, purple, navy blue, royala blue, airforce gold, and white in T-7,T-8, and T-17. Will part with large or small quantities. PM me and make me an offer if interested
Kevin

Another real good source for 'small orders' for materials, webbing, threads, etc. is Parachute Equipment, in New Jersey. For Hardware, D.J. Associates out of Arkansas, will gladly fill small orders. Performance Designs, will sell canopy fabric by the yard. I have found this especially helpful for 'matching' colors, when patching their parachutes.
Hope, this helsp.

Chuck

Links to most (all I think but I didn't check) of these companies are available at www.pia.com. DJ associates also sells two thread sets with multiple 1 oz spools of various colors. Much easier and cheaper than buying large spools as the need comes up.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE