base428

PETA and Bridge Day

You guys must have some worthless cats. Hell, my cat helps me pack. Whether I want him to or not. :|
"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

Jason,
Man, I'm sorry you have to deal with such stupidity. What goes along with organizing a BASE event...? How ridiculous. And I read you got offered $200 for 26 minutes of footage, man, I bet that makes you want to strengle some kittens...

I just wanted to say sorry you have to deal with all that... We appreciate everything you do for Bridge Day!

How about we sacrifice an animal before the jumping starts this year... Or maybe do the first ever animal base jump - PCA style?

I wonder what PETA thinks of the pig/bunnies that jump every year, hope they're not offended.;)

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

... Or maybe do the first ever animal base jump - PCA style?

Ahem...Rocket?

The first ever live animal BASE jump was done years ago by the legendary Rocket the Wonder Dog (aided and abetted by a few looney Aussies). Let's not even start on the "not so live" animal BASE jumps.

I even know of one dog who did a gainer--firmly duct taped to the chest strap of the late, great Dwain Weston. BASE will never be the same without him.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I remember that. I meant solo. there's a good chance it would land in the river right? i think it would survive. maybe CR or someone could sew up a 20 sq. ft. parachute for the litte guy.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

Rocket did solo.

Err...Do you mean somehow train him to throw the PC, so it wouldn't have to be a PCA? Now that would be amazing.

You don't need a special canopy. You can use a cargo round, generally available for about 20 bucks from a military surplus store.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Maybe Robibird can share with us his experience in hamster's BASE jumps... ;):P:D

3,2,1,C-YA!!!
V.
BASE #1075 / BMI #I-002 / PFI #042 / EGI #104

Gee, how am I supposed to think about work now. I am trying to decide how you "happened" upon that picture Jay.... I thought it was just some of those NC boys that were into that sort of thing.

Tom, thanks for not killing this thread yet, the laughs have been worth it!

Ganja "Got get a costume for my sheeep now!" Rodriguez

I remember that. I meant solo. there's a good chance it would land in the river right? i think it would survive. maybe CR or someone could sew up a 20 sq. ft. parachute for the litte guy.

peace
lew

I have a 15 sq ft Pegasus... just hafta re-trim it.
here kitty kitty kitty

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time