kleggo

Red Bull, Baffin Island trip

i recently saw this video broadcast on cable tv.
it had an amazing shot of a two way going off a sweet wall where it looked like they opened within about 6 feet of each other.
the pov was the low guy with a helmet cam facing bacwards.
no shit, it seemd like the top guys foot was less than 6 feet away from the low guys head while he was getting straightened up by opening shock

that was either;
1. some extremely precise timing
2. good luck
3. amazing ground based zoom technology

anybody got any further info on this?
is there a full length video of this trip?

i know how i'll be spending some of my MN severance package.

kleggo
base 93

The thread in Talkback has a link to the full length video, which you can stream off the producers web site.

About a year and a half ago (just after they got back), SM was out in Idaho showing the raw footage at Chili's. He had several hours of it.

How big is that severance package? I think I heard that the trip cost Red Bull a hundred grand or so...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

It can be done in a much more modest way to cost far less. Just ask Lee from Dallas. He goes solo.

solo at Bafion Island,wow who said i were mad whith all my solos?:S

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

solo at Bafion Island

big balls.....
You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone.

It can be done in a much more modest way to cost far less. Just ask Lee from Dallas. He goes solo.

I know. I was just thinking that the quality of trip the Red Bull guys got was pretty much predicated on their sponsorship dollars--and the resulting helicopter support.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Just wanted to clarify that link that you posted.

The Red Bull stuff that's being talked about here was from a different expedition. It was done by these guys: http://www.redbullairforce.com Their footage is un-freaking-real! Paradise! I've spoken with a couple of guys who were on that trip, and the stories are quite amazing.

The link that you posted, http://www.polarsafari.com/baffinbase/index.htm, is for an entirely different expedition, that just happens to be going to the exact same place.

I'm just posting this to make sure that proper credit is given for the video footage discussed. Cause it is pretty awesome.

all this information is nice,
but
no one answered my question about how that particular two way scene was shot.

any body that knows wanna share?

thanks

kleggo

I don't know about that jump in particular. However, I do know the principals, and based on their general jumping style, I'd guess it was #2.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com