trautmann

which canopy fits to me?

god save the queen

?? whats that got to do with anything?

You asked for help, some very experienced skydivers gave you good information and you chose to ignore it.

Why bother asking the question in the first place?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I'll give you an honest answer. Nobody wants to upsize, so the people who are telling you to do so are giving advice that does not count, because you probably will ignore it.

Keep jumping the Nitro 150.

It is small for your experience by my estimation, but you seem to be willing to take the risk, so that's your choice. If you want something that will swoop, you've got it right there. You just have to learn to fly it better.

Your wl is higher than mine, but I can do a decent swoop once in a while. It is a common misconception that you need a high wl to swoop. You really do not.

Please do not make the mistake of downsizing in order to go faster when your current canopy has the potential to go a lot faster. It annoys me when people want to land faster so they downsize rather than learning induced-speed approaches on their current canopy. The beauty of learning induced speed approaches is that if you want to land at 40 mph, you can. But you still have low gear if you need to use it. If you downsize until you are doing 40 mph landing straight in, then you have no choice but to land at 40 mph EVERY time, even when there are trees in the way.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

>>You asked for help, some very experienced skydivers gave you good information and you chose to ignore it.

Why bother asking the question in the first place? <<

Because he has few jumps.

When I had few jumps, I shopped for answers about how small a canopy I could jump until I broke my tailbone.

I was special, and I was uniquely qualified to jump a small canopy, because of my background motorcycle racing, wrestling in high school, and my previous participation in shooting sports.

A downwinder where I flared to clear a barbed wire fence did not indicate to me that I was an idiot - it told me that I was skilled enough to hop a fence under canopy if I had to. So a couple of weeks later I thumped in and could not sit for a few weeks after that.

It is funny how getting smashed on the ass really does help make people listen. Maybe instead of pies for AFF graduation, we should just break a bone on the graduating students. It might save us all some trouble.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

my question is weeks ago, and in this time a spoke to my instructors. i will not jump a nitro 150, because this is a canopy that needs high WL to give good performance. i jumped it 15 times, and with my exitweight the canopy is not flying good. i will not decide for a nitro 135 because its a german canopy and the price is high (changerate for € to $ is very good now for europeans :ph34r:)
i guess i will try sabre2 with wl 1.25.
this is a dessicon that i did together with my instructors, and they said that this canopy will not be so agressive and more conservativ than the nitro 135.
i know what skills you need for swooping, i dont have now. this is not my preference, but i know that size doesnt matter when you want to swoop ;)

blue skies manuel :P

Hey Smart Arse

I meet people like you in the sport all the time... hardly any jumps and you talk like Jack Jefferies... You have clearly ignored everyones advice here..

You need to sit down and think carefully here... Having access to data on canopy specs and being able to babble facts when you have near to nothing jumps is nothing when it comes too flying a canopy...

Experience and jump numbers is

3 words for the day for you .. I want you too repeat them in your head until you understand..

"Slowly"

"over Time"

Writing comments like " God save the Queen " is unacceptable .. Skydiving is a small world and if you piss someone off like this it will bite you on the arse.

i know what skills you need for swooping, i dont have now. this is not my preference, but i know that size doesnt matter when you want to swoop

so if you've finally gotten the fact that you aren't taking full advantage of the canopy/wingloading you have now, why are you still so insistent on downsizing?

Never go to a DZ strip show.

i guess i will try sabre2 with wl 1.25.
this is a dessicon that i did together with my instructors, and they said that this canopy will not be so agressive and more conservativ than the nitro 135.
i know what skills you need for swooping, i dont have now. this is not my preference, but i know that size doesnt matter when you want to swoop

Bravo!!!

You passed the test! (We were SO SURE you wouldn't, but you did!!)

Hey, great choice! Everyone I know that jumps a Sabre2 loves it. A 1.25 WL will be plenty fun for hundreds and hundreds of jumps to come!

Really though. You had us worried, man. Shit'll happen over the next 100 jumps that'll make you damn glad you didn't go for the nitro.

Now, for your next test... Resisting the Urge to Hook...
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.”

Take the advise from these people they are not trying to discourge you from advancing but they are telling you to move much slower than you are. Take it from me work your way to those canopies don't just jump right into the elliptical high proformance. I took a bad spill on a stilletto 150 at 1.4. I miss judged once and i hit the ground at 60 plus. the canopy beat me to the ground. I broke my sacrum in half causing my spin to seperate. I broke my left ankle and the tibula on the left leg. I also cracked my right heal bit my tounge in half and busted my head open. I know have two screws holding my pelvis and spin together and 9 screws and a bar holding my left leg together. The doctor said if i was not wearing the helmet that blow off my head on inpact I would be dead. I was out for a full year all because of a small miss judgement and paid a 200,000 dollar hosptial bill. I know that you raced and you may know some about speed but it only takes a fraction of a second to miss judge the alti. that your at. You only have 60 jumps take your time you will achive the goal your after but we as a community need to stick together and thats all these people are tring to due is keep you from dying. I still jump today and i still jump that same canopy 400 jumps later. After an accident like i had you take this very serious and you find out first hand what this sport can take. I lost everything girlfriend, money, and my ability to walk for a good year.. I got everything back except the girlfriend she told me I was not worth the pain and my mother about lost it. SO take it from the more experianced, slow down. And I have no clue who your instructor is put he needs to wake up. B|:S

i never said i would like to downsize. the nitro 135/150 i've jumped before are rental gears from the dzo where i jumped. i'd like to buy my own one. the question was to hear about skydivers expirience with canopys i had never jumped like sabre2 or some like this.

;)

Go back down to a Triathlon at 1.2... Work on slow speed flight. Practice accuracy, flat turns. Landing on a dime.. That is fun too.

And you will learn the skill YOU DON'T currently have that will keep you alive on a heavily loaded canopy WHICH YOU AREN'T READY FOR..

If you go ANY higher at 60 jumps you are a walking corpse.. You WILL bounce.. Maybe you will live, maybe you won't..

For fucks sake.. I progressed quickly. What you are doing is just plane "Incident Report"..

BTFU...

Rhino

Close your breast belt before you play with your legstraps, like shown on your pic. This advise could save your live one day before you think about canopy size!
And god save the queen has nothing to do with me!!
--------------------------------------------------
I LOVE THE CUTAWAY HANDLE OF TONYS
VECTOR!

hey man! don't you see...... it's a tandemgear, i love to jump it. fine openings, smooth gliding, nice flair. try it, test it and love it, but don't forget to set the drogue :P

this foto isn't me. i'm fat ugly and looking like a grizzly bear. but i'm afraid to show a foto from me :)

love you all ;)

set the droque eh?

So this is a pic of you at the weekend ,trying on Tandem equipment and getting your buddy to take a picture ,so you can bragg down the bar to the women that your a Skydiving Instructor then ??? and pull out the proof ??

nice... hey did you get that VX yet ?

Hey Im sorry your Austrian !!!

set the droque eh?

ask thomson B|;)

So this is a pic of you at the weekend ,trying on Tandem equipment and getting your buddy to take a picture ,so you can bragg down the bar to the women that your a Skydiving Instructor then ??? and pull out the proof ??

nice... hey did you get that VX yet ?

Hey Im sorry your Austrian !!!

i'm joking :P - a friend shot the pic while i was clothing on. be sure - i closed the chestbelt :)