Lance_Brown

Verso vs Havok... vs Swift?

Just looking for some opinions here. I already fly an S-bird (120ish jumps), and can do barrel rolls, back fly (out of the plane but not transition to during flight yet), can almost take it completely head down now, am going to start learning flips with it some time soon, but it's not an acro specific suit as rounded as it might be, and I'd like to add one to my fleet at some point for when I want to do acro specific jumps.

I realize the Swift is completely new to the market, but I thought I'd just put it out there and see what I get back. In all reality I'm considering the first two because of this.

Thanks for your input.
L"IF"E

Swift looks more like a Phantom class suit in size/design. Verso/Havok are both an experience step up in size. For agressive acro stuff the smaller the suit, the easier. Gripperless wings are a big advantage in terms of the tensionline/controll over the armwings.

I can do the same stuff in a Shadow that I can do in a Havok. Havok with more performance, shadow more agile. For acro/flocks I use the shadow. For camerawork and higher performance (but slightly less active) backfly stuff I use the Havok.

If you want to do the stuff you mentioned, check the more assertive suits, and dont aim too big
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Thanks Jarno. Next time I'm at Jump-Town in Mass, I'll see if I can use Andreea's Havok as she's offered in the past. And I guess I'll just rent a Verso there after and see what I like more. Does PF have any kind of demo service? Cause that would really help me decide better.

I never considered the importance of NOT having ailerons/grippers. I'm not entirely sure I understand how this would help as you would loose a means of manipulating the wing. Could you explain this a bit more?

Thanks again man. I've seen videos of what you do and it's beyond humbling. So thanks for your time and input.
L"IF"E

Lance_Brown

Next time I'm at Jump-Town in Mass, I'll see if I can use Andreea's Havok . . . I never considered the importance of NOT having ailerons/grippers. I'm not entirely sure I understand how this would help as you would loose a means of manipulating the wing.

When you're there, try her Havok and then try my Ghost, and you'll see the difference yourself. The Ghost is basically the Havok, but with grippers.

And I'll repeat the line I always say - never buy a suit you haven't demoed. I don't care if someone else says its the awesomest suit that ever awesom'ed out of awesome-town. There's no one size fits all solution; suits vary by pilot.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Skwrl

When you're there, try her Havok and then try my Ghost, and you'll see the difference yourself. The Ghost is basically the Havok, but with grippers.

Thanks Jeff! Once Skydive New England (work there) closes I'll hit you up and have Billy or Andreea introduce me to you when I make it down there. Thanks again man, much appreciated.
L"IF"E

Jbag

so far i've bought 3 suits...havent demod any of them :P

Glad it worked out for you. I had mixed luck when I tried that. Given how expensive suits are, I typically feel it's worth a little bit of time and effort to check them out first. But it will probably be fine if the person buying the suit has got a boat load of cash and/or isn't very picky.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Skwrl

***so far i've bought 3 suits...havent demod any of them :P

Glad it worked out for you. I had mixed luck when I tried that. Given how expensive suits are, I typically feel it's worth a little bit of time and effort to check them out first. But it will probably be fine if the person buying the suit has got a boat load of cash and/or isn't very picky.

hey jeff, i just saw your redhead of a stepchild scorpion2 at tonys shop this weekend, saw your logo and remembered the story and had a laugh. hope that new Sbird is working out for you. i dread the day i need a copy of my goto suit.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121