jojames

need advice on Havoc wing suit

can anyone tell me what the havoc is like.
i currently fly the phantom 3 and find this a good suit.
im quite heavy and usually sink a bit compared to my lighter friends in the same suit. this is why i was considering the havoc. i have 68 jumps in the phantom and 500 skydives. just wondering if the havoc is hard to fly. any advice would be great. considering the tonysuit t bird as well.

can anyone tell me what the havoc is like.
i currently fly the phantom 3 and find this a good suit.
im quite heavy and usually sink a bit compared to my lighter friends in the same suit. this is why i was considering the havoc. i have 68 jumps in the phantom and 500 skydives. just wondering if the havoc is hard to fly. any advice would be great. considering the tonysuit t bird as well.

You would be way better off asking this in the wingsuit forum, but from personal experience I have always found that I could produce more lift in suits with grippers than suits without. In that regard, you might want to consider a Ghost3 Instead. Just my opinion.

The Havok is quite easy to fly; I have both.
There are benefits to both.
You'll want a few more jumps in the Phantom before stepping into a Ghost or Havok,
When you hit the sweetspot in the Havoc, it has a very powerful feeling of both forward speed and accompanying lift. It's easy to maneuver.
The Ghost has greater fine control, both are ridiculously easy to backfly.
If you're looking to do acrobatics, the Havok is likely the preferred suit. For camera or slower flight, you'll likely prefer the Ghost.
Can't go wrong with either.

Side note; if you're looking for the bigger suit to help you keep it up longer, I'd suggest taking a coach/experienced person out with a camera and use the video to help debrief whether you're actually using the P3 to the fullest of your/its abilities. It's pretty rare that people actually NEED to upsize.

What's your height/weight? I'm 5'11 and 200lb, 230lb exit weight, and I fly a Phantom3. When I had 100ish wingsuit jumps, I had your mindset. I demoed a Ghost2 and didn't like it. Not as responsive as the P2 was. somewhere around 200 jumps on the P2 my mindset changed, and I started being able to keep up with people, etc. I switched to the P3 with about 600ish jumps on the P2. It's got a lot more range than the P2.

Honestly, if you spend another 100ish jumps on the P3, especially with coaching, you'll have no need to use another suit to flock with others. You'll just make other wingsuiters jealous :-P
Brian

I dont completely agree with the finer control on the Ghost vs the Havok.
I can fly a lot more precise on the Havok. The Havok is a bit more agile than the Ghost die to the different armwing shape. The Ghost is a small step above the Havok in terms of performance.

In terms of pull, the Havok is a lot easier (no material in the way) and when transfering to that suit the deployment will take less effort.

Respecting the recommended experience levels on the PF website is for sure a wise thing to do. Making sure you can do more than just fly in a straight line, and do a lot of barrelrolls and frontloops (to learn to deal with less stable body positions) is a good preparation.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I dont completely agree with the finer control on the Ghost vs the Havok.
I can fly a lot more precise on the Havok. The Havok is a bit more agile than the Ghost die to the different armwing shape..

For me, "finer" means more easily flown slowly.
Yes, much easier to approach a dock in the Havok.

What's your height/weight? I'm 5'11 and 200lb, 230lb exit weight, and I fly a Phantom3. When I had 100ish wingsuit jumps, I had your mindset. I demoed a Ghost2 and didn't like it. Not as responsive as the P2 was. somewhere around 200 jumps on the P2 my mindset changed, and I started being able to keep up with people, etc. I switched to the P3 with about 600ish jumps on the P2. It's got a lot more range than the P2.

Honestly, if you spend another 100ish jumps on the P3, especially with coaching, you'll have no need to use another suit to flock with others. You'll just make other wingsuiters jealous :-P

i agree with (voilsb) - take a bit more time and maybe some coaching to make sure you are getting the most of the p3.

the bigger the suit the more experience needed. so spend another 100 or so on the p3 and you should start to get more performance as you fine tune your bad habits.