b52

Big suits

what is your experience on suits like he is talking about (with side cells running down the entire suit)? Just to be clear - his theory that side cells running down the entire suit make the pull easier - are you saying it is wrong?

It's the lower wing root that covers the handle. Its ability to cover the handle is not based on it's inflation.

PS: I've flown a Phantom, Ghost, Vampire, Stealth, and Venom.

Each of you stated such as fact (contradicting facts so one must be wrong). I havent flown suits with side cells running down them...but someday I will fly a V4 (hopefully!) and then I will be able to directly compare it to a suit that doesnt have the side cell (vampire 2).

thanks for the info Butters

I guess it must depend on pull technique then, most of my wingsuit deployments are on base jumps, I like to deploy quickly and from full flight with straight legs. The side cell is kept under tension during the pull this way and does not cover the pull (X wing and V4, I have never flown the ghost) I guess if you close the suit down at pull time with bent legs the side cell may act differently.

cell pressure is low.

Cell pressure doesn't differ much from one suit to another on modern wingsuits.

Have you flown an Alien? Sure felt very highly pressurized to me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Thats mostly related to wing thickness.
Alien suits also has an internal bladder thats difficult to depressurize. But pressure in most suits is just over 1 atmosphere. Thicker wings just feel more rigid. Again, compare it to thin/thick inflatable beds. Cell pressure is the same, stiffness varries quite a bit.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?