phoenixlpr

Measurement of Vector V2-2 D-bag and reserve free bag

You need both the main and reserve D-bags?

Why is providing them with the serial number of your container not enough information for them? It was enough for my old rig. I think we all assume it is enough to get them replaced. Good luck.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I understand that is what they say they need, I can't understand why. Of course you don't have the answer, but it is still a valid point, I would not be happy with my rig mfg if they told me the same.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Because that comapny needs dimensions and not serial number to produce a proper, TSOd D-bag and reserve free-bag. Other questions?

Are you ordering them from Relative Workshop, or having someone else make them?

If it is someone else, the main D-bag only presents the problem of dimensions, but the reserve freebag presents some legal hurdles.

Do you need the reserve PC also?

Derek

The more I think about it, the more I think their request is unreasonable.

The shape of a reserve free bag is very complicated. I would not want somebody's measurements to be relied on for the manufacture of my bag. Having a bag to give the mfg. of course would be enough, but again I think this is completely unreasonable. Even the main D-bag would be hard to describe without a complicated drawing.

Others (more knowledgeable), am I wrong about this?

Are you ordering them from Relative Workshop, or having someone else make them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you couldve guessed already.

I'll take that as a "no".

If you are having someone else manufacture a free-bag and PC and they need you to provide the dimensions, I wouldn't have them do it. The freebag, as was already mentioned, is not easy to make and requires a lot of dimensions. Having the manufacturer's drawings would be the only way to make an exact copy. The reserve PC is even harder to make. I don't think it could be done without the manufacturer's drawings. The free-bag and PC would have to FAA approved to be legal. I'm guessing a 337 would have to be done. Jumping it outside of the U.S. muddy's the waters up though. Does Finland require gear to be TSO'd?

You will end up with a better free bag and PC if you get it from RWS. Why not just order it from RWS?

The main D-bag can be built by a Senior Rigger because it is not TSO'd.

Derek

Normally I would advise you to order spare parts from Relative Workshop. However, last time it took RWS 5 months to ship a Vector III main d-bag and pilotchute.
Earlier this year I cancelled an order for Vector II Tandem parts after waiting 4.5 months. Neither the customer nor I were happy about packing a rig that ugly, but the end of summer was rapidly approaching.
I will try to send you Vector II, V2-2 main d-bag dimensions this evening.

Vector V2-2 main d-bag dimensions:
6 inches long
4.5 inches deep
12.5 inches wide
7 inch long closing flap, with 4 locking stows.
I would offer to sew you a new d-bag, but a European rigger can probably sew one quicker and cheaper.

As for a reserve d-bag, you really should install a genuine Relative Workshop d-bag, though I have seen a couple of Vectors with Mirage or Sidewinder reserve d-bags ....
Vectors work best with Vector reserve pilotchutes, though a close copy from another manufacturer (i.e. early Talon, Infinity or Naro) would also work. Just be really careful with early Talon pilotchutes as only the black-painted springs are still airworthy.
Substituting reserve components is a complex process - requiring lots of background knowledge - best left to master riggers.