JuanCar

Spinnnnn

I never had happened in 150 wingsuit jumps, ever had to be the first, 17 seconds and we surprised me not having stopped in less time, stop the spin hiding arms spandex looking bag, to hide the entire surface of the wings, closing the legs and heels backwards, and long arching, so stop, then find my way and keep flying

I share with you;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5lt2von2-4

to go home after a good feeling, a good jump of 135 seconds, and very pleased and happy, ;)
Those who risk nothing, do nothing, became nothing, achieve nothing

in reply to "I never had happened in 150 wingsuit jumps, ever had to be the first, 17 seconds and we surprised me not having stopped in less time"

Good you persisted for 17 seconds.
It can really take some time to stop a spin .
If you have never had a good spinnnnn, try doing it on purpose nice and high .
Guarantee you will remember that skydive for a long time.

in reply to "I never had happened in 150 wingsuit jumps, ever had to be the first, 17 seconds and we surprised me not having stopped in less time"

Good you persisted for 17 seconds.
It can really take some time to stop a spin .
If you have never had a good spinnnnn, try doing it on purpose nice and high .
Guarantee you will remember that skydive for a long time.

After accidentally spinning and recovering I began purposely spinning and recovering. Even purposely spinning was "exciting". Not looking forward to it but I'll be doing it again next year a couple of times because I've got a new wingsuit to do it in ... :|
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

After accidentally spinning and recovering I began purposely spinning and recovering. Even purposely spinning was "exciting". Not looking forward to it but I'll be doing it again next year a couple of times because I've got a new wingsuit to do it in ... :|

That's good practice. Many wingsuiters don't know how to get out of spins, and some of em' only know old ways that don't work well with bigger suits. [:/]

That's good practice. Many wingsuiters don't know how to get out of spins, and some of em' only know old ways that don't work well with bigger suits. [:/]

to be honest I found no fun ;), was not expecting a surprise, concern felt immediately, but do not panic I knew I had height and time, also had a plan in my head if it happens to me what happened, and was wrong! not work!!:o try to make myself smaller ,making me a ball, not work for me! only the intention to collect the knees and head forward provoked more speed, only had the intention and withdrawn immediately, however, arms and legs close, lift head, feet together and heels backwards
pelvis down, very bow! if I worked!

very positive experience! a lot! because it was not so bad, now I know what works, I think the real lesson is to be clear we can go into a spin anytime, especially those who are not machines for example I !, if you have this problem at the start you have height and time "no problem", but what if happens 2000 or 2500 meters? know that it works and is effective is important, vital! at least for stable open
for that alone, although it is not fun, if you should practice a spin intentional.

happy!! ;):P

also had a plan in my head if it happens to me what happened, and was wrong! not work!! try to make myself smaller ,making me a ball, not work for me! only the intention to collect the knees and head forward provoked more speed, only had the intention and withdrawn immediately, however, arms and legs close, lift head, feet together and heels backwards

Balling up will work with small suits but generally will not work well with larger suits or airlocked suits
Additionally, everyone knows how to arch with their pelvis deep into the curve. Closing knees and hands on butt works very fast. and very well.
Congrats on figuring out your best answer, and thank you for sharing the story!

Juan Car, You are a SURVIVOR !!
I remember watching your AFF in Spain ;)
This guy fought through when 99% would have quit, got the "bowling" speech and came back with determination like you wouldn't believe !!!
Glad to see you still have the fighting spirit, and thanks for sharing amigo !

ORGASMO RODRIGUEZ
If your gunna be dumb
You better be tough

also had a plan in my head if it happens to me what happened, and was wrong! not work!! try to make myself smaller ,making me a ball, not work for me! only the intention to collect the knees and head forward provoked more speed, only had the intention and withdrawn immediately, however, arms and legs close, lift head, feet together and heels backwards

Balling up will work with small suits but generally will not work well with larger suits or airlocked suits
Additionally, everyone knows how to arch with their pelvis deep into the curve. Closing knees and hands on butt works very fast. and very well.
Congrats on figuring out your best answer, and thank you for sharing the story!

Thanks DSE, only we can make this beautiful sport more attractive and secure, share bugs and issues and how they can help solve other B|;)

Juan Car, You are a SURVIVOR !!
I remember watching your AFF in Spain ;)
This guy fought through when 99% would have quit, got the "bowling" speech and came back with determination like you wouldn't believe !!!
Glad to see you still have the fighting spirit, and thanks for sharing amigo !

Michael? I did not know it was you! hahaha, I remember my early? uff impossible to forget, I had to fight! but that taught me a lot
;) you know I have love for this sport, I do not think there is another way to be a skydiver, I have plans to cross the ocean to jump, the U.S. or Canada, I will tell you friend, will be fine beers in the sunset ;)B|

Personaly Im not the biggest fan of intentional spins, thinking you're also not packing intentional malfunctions into your main to learn how to deal with those.

I do think a lot of practice with barrelrolls, frontloops and other in-air shenanigans gives a person a great body awareness and ability to recover from almost any type of instability.

As DSE also mentioned, the traditional 'balling up' method doesnt collapse all the armwing thats on the body/outside of the leg, and thus can still keep the momentum going in a spin.
Grabbing ankles when balling up does collapse all wing, and is a good update to that technique.

Making your recovery a 3 step proces

1. Arch (fly out of it!)
2. Ball (grab ankles! Spin stops, fly out of it)
3. Deploy (pull main, better at 6000ft with 20 linetwist on your main, than 500ft and 20 linetwists on your reserve)

We made this video with some examples
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Personaly Im not the biggest fan of intentional spins, thinking you're also not packing intentional malfunctions into your main to learn how to deal with those.

I do think a lot of practice with barrelrolls, frontloops and other in-air shenanigans gives a person a great body awareness and ability to recover from almost any type of instability.

As DSE also mentioned, the traditional 'balling up' method doesnt collapse all the armwing thats on the body/outside of the leg, and thus can still keep the momentum going in a spin.
Grabbing ankles when balling up does collapse all wing, and is a good update to that technique.

1. Arch (fly out of it!)
3. Deploy (pull main, better at 6000ft with 20 linetwist on your main, than 500ft and 20 linetwists on your reserve)

While practicing acrobatics early on you'll probably get into a spin ... so I figure it's not a bad idea early on to learn to get out of a spin (which means putting yourself into a spin). Later on you'll likely fly out of instability before it becomes a spin ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

1. Arch (fly out of it!)

I am no fan of entering into spin, and the truth is that if I practiced many barrels and looping, and sometimes I had destabilized, but I've never really gone into a tailspin with wingsuit, I had never felt the total loss of control wingsuit,was a surprise, so now I think it's good to try intentionally This feeling
high enough, and acquire this practice, anyway when we happen unexpectedly always exceeds when you provoke us.
My assessment is positive, I feel more confident now, and I have the same desire to fly ;)

thanks for the video ;)