jbrasher

Broken Cypres Control Unit

A friend of mine just recently found that his Cypres control unit was broken. The little window was cracked like a broken windshield.
The Cypress my have worked but with no read outs he was unable to determine that.
No he didn't jump it.

Here's my question: Has anyone else seen damage like or similar to this?

If so how much/how long to repair it?

Red, White and Blue Skies,

John T. Brasher D-5166

A friend of mine just recently found that his Cypres control unit was broken. The little window was cracked like a broken windshield.
The Cypress my have worked but with no read outs he was unable to determine that.
No he didn't jump it.

Here's my question: Has anyone else seen damage like or similar to this?

ya, i've heard of this. my buddy works at ssk that's how.

i think he said something like 100 bucks or 150 bucks for a new one.

e-mail ssk and find out for sure.

later

Recently sent my year old CYPRES in for a similar problem. The display window wasn't damaged, but when trying to turn the unit on, after the third push on the button, the thing just shut down. SSK found the controller/ cable to be toast and replaced it.

Kev

I have seen a Cypres 1 with a cracked window. The rigger felt terribly guilty about punching the rig so hard while repacking.
I have also sent a half-dozen Cypres 1 back to SSK for error codes or intermittent faults. The most amusing fault occurred when it stopped part way through its count down, then counted down a few more numbers every time I wiggled the cable. SSK did most of those repairs for free, under warranty.