simple-mente

Wingsuit UK, research for wingsuit improvement

Hello!
My name is Pedro, i am a design student at Brunel, London U.K.
As part of my major i am investigating wingsuit to see the posivility to develop some improvements in them.
At the moment i am looking for wingsuit jumpers in the area of london that would not mind to show me their wingsuits and give me some insights about what they find best in them, what is unconfortable or difficult to use and what things would you love to see improved.
This is for me to deeply understand the suits, see what is basic and what the pilots would like to add.
If any body would like to help out, please let me know here, or to [email protected].
Even if you are not based in UK, please let me know any opinion you have about wingsuit flying!!!
thanks a lot!!!

I am looking in different options, One of the things i have noticed is the wings, every time that you do not hold the wings open you loose the stremlined profile, maybe one option would be to have somethinglike feathers in birds, something that would always keep an aereodynamic profile.
Other thing is that the bigger the wings, the stronger the pain, so if you would have something that reduces the load on the arms without compromising movement or aereodynamics it would allow to increment the span. This are the main points that i am looking to. If there is any thought from anybody please let me know!!
What do you mean by "elaborate"?

My unsolicited opinion is that insufficient is known about wingsuit aerodynamics for much progress to be made without a lot of empirical testing.

On the other hand, wingsuit ergonomics is a whole different matter, and some industrial design expertise might be very useful there.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

We're not trying to increase span, because we already have those inventions available (hanggliders).

I want to have a hangglider with wingspan equal to the span of my arms. If we want to achieve that , one of the most crucial part is physics, or in particular, Theory of aerodynamics. It is a long journey, it is not easy and every help is appreciated.

-Mr. Robert Pecnik
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

What I wondered about was if the front panel of a suit was modified to incorporate two ram-air that channled air over the top surface of the leg wing, to take advantage of the Coanda effect, if there'd be a noticeable increase in performance.

Always figured that for most people, the extra drag would negate any advantage, but for those of us birds who's guts produce more drag than a Caravan's cargo pod, maybe the inlets would not constitute a whole lot more drag.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

hey Tony,
So, even if you could have a bigger wing span, that could be flexible and controlable with the movement of your arms and would not requiere to have any rigid structure, would it be not interesting??
I mean, that offcourse to have a structure attached to your body might not be fun, but have wings that reduce chord and increase wingspan (which would inprove aereodynamics) and that still allows the free movement of the current wing suit would be different issue, no?