mccordia

August 27/30 - ToraTora.nl Freefly and Wingsuit Boogie

Heyhey,

After the wonderfull time we had last year, the time has finaly come again to announce the ToraTora Meet at SkydiveCenter Spa!

Check here for the wingsuitvideo Werner made from last year. Or check http://www.toratora.nl for some of the boogie videos also featuring the freeflying and a bit more atmosphere.

We'll be jumping in 2 smaller groups, focussing on nice and tight flying, and if the group is up for it, some multi-point dives.

1 on 1 coaching jumps and FFCs are also possible (at slot price, no extra charge), and we'll try and look at PF, BM, Tony and FYB to see if we can get some demo suits uit that way..

The Skyvan wil also do exits at ANY given speed, last year we had awesome fun climbing to incredible heights after exits at 140+ knts.

If you're up for some serious fun, warm weather, cool flying and loads of fun people at a center with nice facilities. Hollaaa!

There will be live entertainment, dinner at the bar (on the airfield) and the bunkrooms are nice and cheap, and there are lovely cabins only a few mins away.

If somebody asks you next year if you jumped at that legendary ToraTora meet in Spa...whats going to be your excuse for not having being there...?

COME FLY WITH US!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Only a few more weeks, and its finaly happening again!

ToraTora!
We'll be doing jumps with good briefing/debrief and video on every jump. Our aim is to fly small formations, and really work on everyones slotflying skills, with a gentle nudge towards 3d slots and/or point-flying for those who are up for it.

For those that want to give it a try, we'll be doing high speed exits up to 150 knots on thursday/friday if anyone is up to it. And there is also room for 1 on 1 coaching and special jumps (rodeo's allong with the Atmo groups etc).

And if 'cheating' on the wingsuit flying with a bit of freefly is your thing, Nimo (Babylon), Fabian (Babylon/Mamba) and almost a dozen other coaches and load organisers will also be present to give your skills a big boost.

Camping is for free, the restaurant/bar is at crawling distance, and we'll have a totaly awesome video of the day each night. The DZ has nice facilities, packers and jumpcraft will be CASA/SKYVAN.

Shoot us an email if you want to join in on the fun!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

really work on everyones slotflying skills, with a gentle nudge towards 3d slots and/or point-flying for those who are up for it.

Nice! I come for weekend-days to fly with you, brother! ;)

high speed exits up to 150 knots on thursday/friday

Super! It is possible to shift it to weekend-days?

What is inside of yours Cochstedt-stroopwafel? Special substance "made in Holland" for butterfly-effect? :ph34r:

high speed exits up to 150 knots on thursday/friday

Super! It is possible to shift it to weekend-days?

Things are a bit busier in the weekend, but we'll just have to give the pilot the sad puppy-look with baby-blue big eyes, and beg for some extra speed;)

What is inside of yours Cochstedt-stroopwafel? Special substance "made in Holland" for butterfly-effect? :ph34r:

Something like that...J&K seem to be complete slaves if you dangle stroopwafels in front of their face...maybe I should try one..see whats so special;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

They're more likely to make you chubbier seeing as they're just sugar and butter, but they are very very tasty.

We'll bring more stroopwafels to Spa, seeing as they're so popular. ;)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I heard today about orga fee (40 EUR) for this boogie, independent on number of jump days...

Exorbitant! >:(>:(>:(

Just weightily ground to disregard this boogie!

Jarno, take it not personally. It is just mega-minus for boogie organizers.

In germany you payd 28 euro's per jump + a boogie fee. I think thats a lot of money you're paying.

In Spa the jump prices are quite a bit lower.

And the money you pay doesnt go into anyones pocket. Its just to cover the cost. There are 9 load organisers walking around the DZ for the 5 days the boogie lasts.

People that come from Spain, Germany, Holland etc.
All of those people work for free as load organisers at the event.
We're also just doing it for the free jumps. Not for a set of golden rims on our Hummers.

Some of the more high profile peeps such as the Babylon flyers get their flight to Belgium covered. But everyone is doing it 'for the love of the game'.

Next to that there is someone who spends the whole 5 days on the ground, editing the video of the day for your entertainment. No payment. No jumping (and that person IS a jumper who wants nothing more but to fly).

With the number of coaches/load organisers there, its logical the dropzone needs some form of compensation for letting those people make all the free LO jumps. The number of load organisers they have there means there is lots of individual attention for everyone.

40 euros may seem like a lot, but try and look at what you get for that money before you badmouth any boogie or its organisers.

Its not a hobby for everyone, and some people do need to make a living of it (even though thats not us, I do fully understand and applaud the people who do so succesfully)

Making a 1 on 1 jump with a lot of the freefly coaches present will cost you 2 slots + 30 euros if you jump with em at their own DZ. Here its 1 on 4 coaching for a full 5 days (or weekend).

We're just there to have fun, and we're glad the dropzone is making its planes and location available to us, and organising a party and DJ (who also doesnt show up for free). We work for free, and video you and brief and debrief whatever you do, and in 99% of the events, edit a video on the things you've done and put it online. All for free.

If you want to go to a boogie, and get some coaching/load organising, there MIGHT be some cost involved at some point.

If its too much for you, just dont come.

But I think your complaining is not justified..
See you at another cheaper boogie I guess...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

But I think your complaining is not justified

Oh, Jarno . . .for all this words I will pay some bucks on top of the orga. B|
Explain to Deniq: the money is not going lost, it just belong to somebody else. :)
C.
don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de