ringsight entanglement in a wingsuit

Well, I can offer up a "Caution Tape Caution" warning. I was playing at the Holiday boogie with James B. (UncleCharlie) and it was like wingsuit fishing.. Stupid tape dancing around and luring people to come play with it. When I did to shoot video down the dancing tape it grabbed my ringsight .. James tugged a little this way and a little that way, gave up trying and then let go.. I opened a little high as I felt this crap on my helmet and the Main opened but the damn tape was all tangled up in the right riser around the toggles and still on my helmet. I had a flying canopy but could not risk getting the breaks undone till I got some of the tape moved and thought I was going to just land on rears. All worked out in the end but be cautious with Caution tape... I think earlier James had it give him some extra fun on opening with a line twist with the tape in the line twist. think that is why he was happy to pass it off to me on that jump.

I have my ringsight on nylon screws. The picture is with the stll off being used to take the picture

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I recognize that shot :D
The other thing worth mentioning is how it was hanging down into your legs on landing, could have easily tripped you up. The pic as seen, is somewhat tame compared to what you looked like on landing.

Well Scotty looks like my own caution with my own caution tape mattered more than I thought it did at the time the other day when you were up on cam step. Figured it might, is why I thought it through and kept that puppy trapped and didn't release it till a second after exit. Usually I deploy the thing during climbout... but usually I'm the one on the step here. I kept getting this mental visual of you trying to film that exit with my stupid little ribbon flapping in your face. I figured I'd done enough damage to your camera equipment already anyway.:D
Its always nice in retrospect to discover I -wasn't- being stupid... makes the stupid times look cooler.
-B

Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.