jumpinfarmer

presciption goggles

I have a pair of G107s from SportRX. They work great for me. I've got 170 jumps on the pair. To be honest, that's more than I expected. The foam seal is peeling in a couple of places, but it's no big deal. I'm thinking that most of the seal damage is from getting jostled around in my gear bag. Putting them in some sort of hard case probably would have prevented it. There is also the usual wear and tear on the strap. The lenses and frames are still in perfect condition. My only complaint is that there is some reduction in peripheral vision, but that happens with a lot of the bug-eye style goggles.

I called SportRX and they sent me out four different styles of goggles to try on, the G103, 104, 107, and 108. I didn't really like the fit of any of them, although my wife liked the G107 and kept those. I ended up buying a pair of WileyX XL-1 goggle/sunglasses, they have a removable lens, I had my local optomatrist make me a set of lenses for them, the frames were $80 and the lenses cost me $120. They fit and work really well.

I have a pair of Sport Rx102s my script is very strong and they wrok really really well.
The customer service was outstanding.
I don't think that they look real good on me, buyt the asthetics are 2ndry compared to being able to flare at the right time;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The one thing i didnt see mentioned was the ability to just buy a new frame if the foam gets worn out. The frames for those goggles are cheap and all you have to do is transfer the lens's cause thats the important part.
"I fought the Po but the Po won" Dont mess wit da popo mofo

Depends on the goggles. I was told by SportRX that they would glue the lenses in if they were to be used for skydiving, since they might pop out under the wind pressure. *shrug*

On the other hand, the WileyX goggles I'm using now have removable lenses, so that would work exactly as you mention. So far they haven't fallen out. Yet. :P