phoenixlpr

Ice-bird or penguin?

I had 3 WS jumps and 1 attempt a bit cloudy and icing conditions.

I've landed the plane one, because got overcasted between 2000-2500m. I was falling through clouds 3 times. I got ice all over me, on my helmet, visor, wing suit. I got some light problems with navigation, but I've found my way back.

Is there some way of de-icing? Or should I apply it internally? ;)

I was flying over Kolomna this weekend, there was plently of clouds, and about -20c at 4km altitude at the morning, so, no wonder there was snow :) Visor wasnt iced though, since i jump in open-faced helmet :) What could be better than a cold bath at 8:30am?

Also, it's very fun to exit the plane when you dont see ground at all. Even more fun, when you do a 50 seconds delay after jumprun spot and still end up your flight at the predetermined opening point.

Ontopic - as for de-icing - apply internally, yes :D

For me clouds are the most scary when in a wingsuit. Especially if you are not the only bird but flocking.
I prefere not to be in clouds, but if I wear a wingsuit I try to make it as sure as possible. Was in a cloud once together with an other flyer - that was nothing I like to repeat.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

clouds, while flying solo are most beautiful visuals you could ever see. That half-skywide halo of 5-7 circles, outermost being about 700 meters in diameter are really unforgetable. Not to mention absolutely psychodelic view of birdman shadow within a halo when you're moving closer to them.

too bad you cant upload pics directly from within your brain %(