Costyn

FlyLikeBrick.com updated & new video

Very nice shots for the kit lens indeed. That's exactly what I've been using but after six months the lens no longer focuses right, even on manual. I guess that's what everybody meant by "cheap build quality"... but I think I got my money's worth out of it. The new one is only a little heavier but I put it on my head last night and can feel a significant difference. B|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Some of the photos (most noticably 'Empuria Brava', 'Scheveningen' and 'Rotterdam') have been colour-corrected, which helps to take the image away from the look the standard kit-lens tends to give.

Also hoping to buy a digital stills-cam sometime this winter, so I can snap some shots of Costyn as well..

Got to try his and david's a few times...cant wait to get one myself and start learning to take snazzy pictures too...

(heads back to water his money-tree....hmm...still not growing...:S)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Very nice shots for the kit lens indeed. That's exactly what I've been using but after six months the lens no longer focuses right, even on manual. I guess that's what everybody meant by "cheap build quality"... but I think I got my money's worth out of it. The new one is only a little heavier but I put it on my head last night and can feel a significant difference. B|

Yeah I've seen your gallery Matt, very nice pics indeed with the kit lens. I'm saving up to get the Canon 10-22 as well, the images are quite a bit sharper and clearer. :)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Check out the sigma version, great build quality, cheaper...

Its what Mark uses and i think we can all agree that he takes some damn good shots! (how many front covers has he got now?!?!) B|
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I almost got the Sigma 15mm which so many people use, but I didn't like that you can't put a filter on the front, and the distortions (fisheye) are extreme. On the 10-22, even at 10mm there is virtually no distortion, which is amazing.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I almost got the Sigma 15mm which so many people use, but I didn't like that you can't put a filter on the front, and the distortions (fisheye) are extreme. On the 10-22, even at 10mm there is virtually no distortion, which is amazing.

Macca, yes, the Sigma wide angle zoom is very nice too. I'll check it out.

Matt, I too prefer the 10-22. I like the zoom option and I have played around with the 15mm Sigma (thanks to Gadget!) and it's a very sharp lens, but for some reason it seems pictures are a slightly overexposed whenever using the sigma. Things appear too bright. I do not know why this is.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I have the Sigma 10-20mm and it's a fantastic lens. The only down side I can think of is that if you plan on using the on board camera flash, expect to see some shadows in the bottom of the frame from the lens tube.Otherwise its a fantastic lens with excellent range for most skydiving situations.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING