phoenixlpr

How to flock with an Impact flier? Impact vs. wingsuit?

What is the easiest strategy to fly close to an Impact with a wing suit?

What is the recommended exit/fly plan?

I tried to fly close to an impact yesterday. He was jumping last and after 2-3 more seconds delay. I have managed to get similar fall rate, but I was quite far. He has a 90 degrees left turn after exit and I was flying a bit in line. It was turning dark and after he was under me I lost visual, so I turn the other direction and flown away.

What is the easiest strategy to fly close to an Impact with a wing suit?

Give him a Prodigy:D

Sorry couldn't resist --- I have never flown with one but looking at the pictures from the mag. It looks like arched and arms folded back slightly --- knees bent to 45 degrees to slow down. I wouldn't think it would be very hard, but I don't know

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

What is the recommended exit/fly plan?

Just like a wing suit. We flew in a 8 way flock at Summerfest with a mix of Tony's new suits, Classics, S3s, S6s and the IMPACT had no problem staying with the group. If the person in the IMPACT is flying correctly, its no different than flying with someone in a wingsuit.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Just like a wing suit. We flew in a 8 way flock at Summerfest with a mix of Tony's new suits, Classics, S3s, S6s and the IMPACT had no problem staying with the group. If the person in the IMPACT is flying correctly, its no different than flying with someone in a wingsuit.

I'm still fallng in 100-120 km/h range with Phantom, but my friends are faster with impact.

What is the right exit from a C207?

I'm still fallng in 100-120 km/h range with Phantom, but my friends are faster with impact.

What is the right exit from a C207?

Are you saying that you fall faster vertically than your friends or that your friends do?

As far as exiting, it should be done like any other side door aircraft and attention paid to the horizontal stabalizer. The only exception is that in your case the door is on the right side of the aircraft.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I am going to chime in here and say that myself and old-school BMI Bobby Pritchard neither one had any problem staying down with a regular tracking dive. We exited last everytime and simply flew very dirty to match fallrates. If you are jumping with someone with a lesser-performing setup (IMPACT, PF tracking suit, whatever else is less performing than what you are flying), just exit after that person and make sure they fly a pattern 90 degrees off the flightline so that you can catch up without having to back up as you drop down. It's never been a big deal for me at all.

Chuck