SBCmac

Folding/Caring for the V1/V2...

Thanks Tom!

When you get a reply, please share with us.

The S3S has lots of ribs too and is quite packjob. I usually make sure that all ribs are flat, fold it in half lengthwise, then again at the waist, then roll it up and put it into the bag.

That is of course what I *would* do if I were to take my wingsuit out of my rig, which I don't, because that's blasphemy. :P:)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

OK, this is my trick for folding my V1 while on my rig to stash it for the hike up to a tall cliff.

1. Lay it flat on it's belly (rig up)
2. zip up arm and leg wings, leave belly unzipped
3. fold arm wing into middle and fold excess back to middle keeping stiffener flat
4. repeat for other arm wing.
5. flip entire rig/suit over
6. push leg wing together in middle (stiffeners flat against each other in middle (V2 will have more stifferner, just keep them all flat up against each other))
7. Fold leg straps up onto rig
8. fold leg wing up over the rig
9. then find the top of the stiffeners and fold the rest of the leg wing back on top of rig
*So, steps 8 and 9 flod the leg wing in half from the bottom of the countainer to the toes of the booties. The stiffeners only go half way up so you don't put any fold in the stiffeners.

That's it. I'll try to put a little video on SkydivingMovies and link it here.

Hope that helps. Oh, and the process is the same without a rig, it's just easier to fit the suit in the stash bagB|

See ya
-Bill

~
Fear is the thief of dreams...