arai

customizing suits?

I'm curious as to how much a customer can request customizations on the suit color wise? I know everyone wants to have their own personalized suits so I'm just wondering if anyone has had experiences with asking for small changes? I'm guessing there is a balance between providing a favor for a client and just being too much work to incorperate without added costs to the suit. It seems like all the companies have representatives on this forum and that its still a small enough industry that you see really good customer service and feedback and a real sense of those companies happy to do fellow divers a favor.

I enjoy messing around with photoshop and was just curious if the types of changes I've included in the pics here are easy things to be added? Anyway, just messing around on a friday morning. I guess the top of my black suits is actually just a combination that is possible, I just like the wingtip stripes in the other two.

I could play around for days trying to decide on a scheme I liked.

note: I'm not anywhere near ready for a purchase or flight of a wingsuit, but its still fun to do this kind of stuff. And even though it will be awhile until purchase, I can definatly say that this is a great place to establish a relationship with the suit makers. I've found it really good to both see the reviews and customer appreciation and feedback when users here are buying suits.

-arai-

if anyone wants to see what their colors would look like on the pic just let me know, its hard sometimes to look at the coloring program as it lacks the detail the suit has

Yea, you could make some really neat and very custom looks. I'm sure if the price is right the factory wouldn't mind disassembling a suit and adding different colored pieces. I don't see a big market for it though.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

A few of the manufacturers will make allowances for special requests/colors if they are within reason and/or are not cost restrictive to you the customer. BirdMan has made some very specific one of a kind suits for the Golden Knights, The Red Bull team and even for a few average jumpers who wanted something different. The best bet is to contact the manufacturer with your specifications to see if they are able to accomodate them. In some cases it may not cost you anything, in others you might have to pay a substantial amount depending on what it is you want done.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hi Dan,

PM sent!

Phoenix-Fly has also made custom suits in the past.

Each request has to be evaluated on an individual basis and the cost can be negligible to significant depending on the complexity.

We are also the only wingsuit manufacturer (as far as I know) that can add ZP panel logos to the wings (the same method used for canopy logos). Check out the RedBull and Fat Face suits attached.

PM or email me if you have further questions.

Long flights,

James
BASEstore.it

Those Red Bull suits were quite ugly. I wish to know what happend to them after that big burglary in Empuria in January 2004. You could hardly sell such suit.

Still...the previous redbull suits that where owned by the Empuria team where stolen so they probably dont look ugly to criminals hehe...B|:S

Wonder what the wuffo's that stole those are doing with them (cause you cant use em in the skydiving/basejumping world without getting caught)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?