dmcoco84

Phantom vs. GTI

I’m going to be starting wingsuit flying soon and I’m trying to decide which suit to buy. I’m a beginner but I’m not starting on a Classic or prodigy. I’ve jumped a friends GTI with no problem and from the looks the Phantom and GTI are the two suits of the same class and level of experience.

Thoughts on which suit performs better?

Ask JFK, he is GTI and Phantom owner.

Yep, got both of them. Have the winggrip mod on the GTI and that was an evolution I really enjoyed.

However, the Phantom is definitely a step up for me.
As Yuri said, the Phantom has a higher glide ratio, forward speed is higher than with the GTI and the Phantom seems to want to fly more stable than the GTI.

Since I started flying my Phantom, I look at my GTI only because it was my first suit :)

Don't have a clue how it compares with the Firebird as I never had a chance to try one yet.

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

BTW thanks for all your Aerial BASE advice. I got some training at a local gym and was able to pull off a very nice gainer on my second jump at BD. I'll have it up on skydivingmovies in the next week or so.

Don't thank me, didn't do anything, YOU pulled that gainer off ;)

Jul.
PS: send me the link when it's up.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

True but you did give me info that I kept in mind while preparing. I was also able to talk to one of the Triax guys. Not pope but the guy in yellow and blue, Kenyon?? “Shrug” brain farting. But yea he was talking to a few guys about gainers so I threw a few questions by him. Told me how to deal with over/under rotations and how things most people do on their first aerials incorrectly so I was able to avoid some common mistakes.

By next year I’ll have a lot more training so I’ll be doing some interesting stuff! B|

Oh yea forgot about that one. How does that one compare to the other two?

I'm a newbie to this wingsuiting lark, but I did about 20 jumps on a GTI and I've done about the same on my Firebird. The Firebird feels much more of a performance suit to me, my times and speeds improved almost immediately, and are still improving.

Its also very easy to back fly, in fact, I found the Firebird easy to fly from the off, once I relaxed and stopped trying to 'max it out':$:)
I can't comemnt as to how it compares to the Phantom.
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

I have my new Phatom, and have made like 4 jumps on it so far.
My performace increased quicly each jump, much more so than the GTI or Firebird that i demo'ed. Last jump was 125 seconds, including me pulling high because my arms got tired. Got into the high 40's there.

I'm telling ya, if you get a change to demo one, please do!

Oh yeah: I really like the construction on the Phantom. The subtle inlets, the padding in the arms & knees - very well made!

http://dropman.com