Conundrum

Did my pre-second wingsuit jump!

Hey Chelle,

Congratulations on your first wingsuit flight. Having said that, are your jump numbers and time in the sport, specified in your profile, accurate? I would imagine so seeing how specific your breakdown of jumps per discipline and your total jump numbers are. The most important things to have when jumping wingsuit are currency and experience. I don't know you but with approximately 50 jumps per year in the sport, would it be fair to say you have a minimum of both? I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, you may be very capable, just be careful, that's all (anyone feel I'm being over-sensitive?). There is no rush in this sport, in fact, taking one's time will usually reap bigger benefits...

When you say you demo'ed a suit, how much supervision did you have?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Yes my jump numbers are accurate. I took a good amount of time off due to money but in the recent months I have been jumping regularly and I have tunnel time between the off times from real jumps. I talked to a couple different people (who have jumped with me) about it before I asked to demo the suit and was given thorough instructions and supervised the entire time on the ground and during the jump by an experienced wingsuit flyer We went over emergency procedures, what to expect, how to fly the suit, body position during opening, how to exit, practice touches, fall rate, etc. I was nervous about the jump, but comfortable and everything went well. He also took video that we reviewed after the jump, I exited with my shoulder a bit so for a second I was tipped to my left but the rest of the jump I was told was not bad at all. I’m looking forward to learning more about it and hopefully buying my own suit in the future.

Congrats! Regarding currency, once you're fully addicted to the wings you will never have a problem with that again no matter what you have to do to stay in the air ;)

Welcome to the flock. -T
It's the Year of the Dragon.